Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

least likely to get pregnant?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm curious, because they say theres no 'safe time' to have sex....but there must be a time of month (roughly) when a girl is least likely to get pregnant. I would have thought it would have been right after her period??

Comments

• Options
    Sperms can live for about 3 days, the egg is available for conception for around a week-ish, so therefore you are fertile for about 10 days per month.

However, it is never advisable to rely on this fact as contraception (the so-called rhythm method) because it is unreliable if your periods are irregularly spaced or if you forget your dates. It also encourages lack of reliance on contraception for the fertile period, and of course doesn't prevent the spread of STIs.

ps Obviously the least fertile time is during a period ;)

Info
  • Options
    least fertile time is during a period or just before.
    most fertile time is just after your period and the week or so afterwards.
  • Options
    oo i thought it was the other way round, more likely just before your period as the egg is waiting to be fertilised and if it isnt you have a period..then after your period another egg hasnt been released yet so its not as likely? Maybe not lol
  • Options
    no, your period is the first day of your cycle. your most fertile days are around days 10-14 of your cycle as that is when youre most likely to ovulate. Therefore if your period lasts 5 days, youre most likely to conceive about 5 -10 days after your period finishes.
    In theory though, it could be at any time, because most womens bodies arent quite as relaible and clockwork as that. Especially young women whos cycles havent necessarily settled down yet.
  • Options
    How many weeks into your pregnancy did you start experiencing morning sickness? I'm not that far along, but already, I wake up every morning with nausea and some vomiting. I'm wondering how far into your pregnancy did you experience morning sickness? Also everytime I blow my nose, there's blood present. It could be the cold weather, but I'm curious is there anyone who has experienced that as well?
    least fertile time is during a period or just before.
    most fertile time is just after your period and the week or so afterwards.

Unless you are odd like me LOL. Conceived Sophie the day before i was due on lol
  • Options
    to me it's just chance... imo. Slept with emma once no protection, she got pregnant (lucky she took morning after pill)
    But stacey, we had unprotected sex so much. And nothing... Before you have ago, yes i have had STI check, and i used johnny's to savet he trouble (Y)

WTF

How the fuck do you get pregnant and then take the MAP? It only works for up to 72 hours, and even then, it's not 100% reliable. There is no way she would know she would be pregnant so soon. Nonsense.

Also, how the hell do you have a lot of unprotected sex, and yet you're using condoms?! That is protection.
  • Options
    Protection as in a gun under the pillow.
  • Options
    The way emma described it to me over the phone was, a couple of days after taking the pill. "something came out of me it was gross".
    -Which made me think she would of been pregnant if the pill was not of taken.

Just sounds like some discharge to me. :yeees:
    We had a lot of unprotected sex before we started using condoms.

You really need to word things more clearly, then you won't get people like me jumping down your throat :)
  • Options
    The way emma described it to me over the phone was, a couple of days after taking the pill. "something came out of me it was gross".
    -Which made me think she would of been pregnant if the pill was not of taken.

Most probably would have just been a bit of the lining of her uterus. Even if she had conceived (unlikely in that timeframe) the resulting bunch of cells would be microscopic. She wouldn't have been able to see it.

P.S. I hope i don't have to remind you what a stupid idea unprotected sex is?

P.P.S. This thread is DEAD.
  • Options
    tatzaana wrote: »
    How many weeks into your pregnancy did you start experiencing morning sickness? I'm not that far along, but already, I wake up every morning with nausea and some vomiting.

It's normally pretty soon after conception until about 12-15 weeks, but obviously this changes depending on person. Some people get it all the way through pregnancy and some people never get it.

If you're feeling shattered, nauseous and bloated (especially with sore nipples) there's a chance you're pregnant. It can come on very quickly.