Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

mmm concernd

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i do have depression and i think it may have something to do with this but just latley over the last few months i have been scared of everything. i go round on a night and check the doors are like like 5 times because am scared someone might get in. i am scared of the dark my partner didnt have the front door key and we had to go round the back but i wudnt go because it was too dark so he had to leave me so he cud go through the bak door to open the front door.

i was crying my eyes out because i was left in the dark on my own and my partner had to carry me in. i sleep with the light on because i am scared of the dark but this has happened over the last few months normally i am fine. I cannot flush the toilet because the nose scares me.

i am soo confussed. has anyone felt like this before?? is it normal with depression or shud i go an see my doc??

Comments

• Options
    If it's affecting your life then i would suggest going to see your doctor and have a chat. It can only be a good thing to talk to someone about it and to see what help they can give you as it's obviously upsetting to you and changing your life and the way you live it x
  • Options
    yeah it is effecting my life. very much so. i dont want to go out any more because i am scared of being attacked and stuff...its got worse since ther is a serial sex attacker that has escaped from a nut house some where in my area.
  • Options
    i think knowing that might have sparked your fear? Jelly Babe x
  • Options
    well its been there for a few months but that has made it alot worse which is properbly why i make sure all the doors are locked seen has he is more dangourse to women and children.

i have always been afraid of things like flying but i always grit my teeth and got on with it and i got on a plane last december. but these last few months i have not been able to do so. and i dunno y.

i am going to make an oppointment with my gp on thrusday and i will let you all know how i get on