Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I'm always attracted to old/older men

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm 27 years old and never really had a proper relationship due to the fact that I've never fancied men my own age.

I like men that are 40 and above. There's this man I work with who (I'm guessing) is around 60ish. It's probably about the 3rd time I've fancied someone in their 60s but never understood why.

This man I like is called Sean and he's really nice. I get on well with him and I think he's single. One of my female workmates, Chrissie is 50 something and Sean always seems to talk to her a lot and they joke around and have a laugh and I just get jealous and I end up being snappy towards Chrissie. She doesn't know why.

They do harmless flirting often. My mate Chrissie is married and I don't believe she's really interested in Sean but that doesn't stop me being jealous and when we're having a conversation he looks at her instead of looking at me. I've told my sister I fancy someone at work but she has no idea how old he is and says I should ask him out? But even though I'd love to go out with him I'm too scared to ask him because of the age gap.

What should I do?

Comments

• Options
    You're being irrational towards the woman. You either need to tell the fella how you feel about him, or distance yourself from the pair of them so it doesn't wind you up!
  • Options
    not sure what you could really do, apart from distance yourself a bit. i guess you need to ask yourself, do you really something happening with this guy? if your answer is no, then maybe you could control your emotions more until you don't feel anything towards him.
    that's what i have to do, because i am the same, i fall for older men and it drives me up the wall, so i distance myself and go searching for guys my age.
    not saying it is that easy, but it may be a start.
  • Options
    I'm in a similar situation.I'm 25 and i like a man who is 44. He is very attractive and has a good sense of humour, and has flirted with me in person and on msn. He has given my confidence a boost. The only thing i'm worried about is the sexual side of things, but we haven't even got to that stage yet so there's no point thinking on it until it happens. I would like a relationship with him.
  • Options
    /e: old thread. she's probably married and the husband probably dead already. check dates.