Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ironing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How the F do you iron creases in trousers :banghead:

I have spent NEARLY AN HOUR trying to iron my black trousers and I've ended up with double lines and they still look just as creased as when I started :banghead:

Comments

• Options
    You have to fold the trouser legs so that the seams on the inside and outside of the leg - where the material is sewn together - are touching so that when you flatten it, they are in the middle rather than at the sides... thats not explained very well.
  • Options
    Oops, my reading comprehension sucks.

Wouldn't a spin in the wrinkleguard setting in the dryer work? That always works for me :thumb:
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    You have to fold the trouser legs so that the seams on the inside and outside of the leg - where the material is sewn together - are touching so that when you flatten it, they are in the middle rather than at the sides... thats not explained very well.

I've been doing this but it just isn't happening, it's rediculous!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Turn the trousers round, so you are folding them from the base of the leg. Then smooth it out that way. That's how I do it.
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, I will try again in a mo............
  • Options
    I give up :banghead: I'm gonna take them to my mums tomorrow- she will be able to do it. They are so creased I had the iron on the hottest setting and kept blasting steam at the ruddy things and still they are really really creased. And no matter how I fold them I still cannot get the crease in the right place and have now got triple lines. :banghead:

As you can tell, ironing is not something I am particularly good at!
  • Options
    Spray water on and iron with little steam.
  • Options
    Could be too hot then. Spray water on them before ironing, it helps, especially if the trousers are cotton or cotton mix.

The best way is to iron from the seams inwards, to give you a solid place to start from.
  • Options
    draw the seams on with marker pen
  • Options
    draw the seams on with marker pen

:lol:
  • Options
    Fruit Loop wrote: »
    I give up :banghead: I'm gonna take them to my mums tomorrow- she will be able to do it. They are so creased I had the iron on the hottest setting and kept blasting steam at the ruddy things and still they are really really creased. And no matter how I fold them I still cannot get the crease in the right place and have now got triple lines. :banghead:

As you can tell, ironing is not something I am particularly good at!

Be careful you don't end up with shiny trousers! I made that mistake when I ironed mine on the hottest setting :lol:
  • Options
    Why do anyone need to iron if you hang your dried clothes immediately once out of the tumble drier?
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »
    Why do anyone need to iron if you hang your dried clothes immediately once out of the tumble drier?

These particular trousers can't be tumble dried, but I hung them up to dry as soon as the wash finished. It wasn't so much the creases in the trousers it was ironing the creases down the middle, over time if you wash the trousers time and time again without ironing the creases in they get less and less visible.

I gave up in the end and ironed the creases out! :blush:

Edited to add- Jazza thanks for the tip, I mainly iron my things inside out to avoid that from happening but still make the mistake sometimes! I couldn't iron the trousers inside out else the creases would be inverted. I sometimes place a pillow case over the garment and iron onto that if the iron needs to be really hot, to avoid ruining the clothes!
  • Options
    Monserrat wrote: »

Not everyone has a tumble drier, though.
  • Options
    And it doesnt always work.
  • Options
    They have the internet in 1816? Ooooo! :shocking: