Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Stop H*Commerce Film Series

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Working with the team that produced an interesting mini film series on hacking commerce, and figured I would share. Touches on some interesting topics from war driving, to phishing, to 419 scams. Best of all, its in HD. Anyways, worth a look if you have not seen it.

www.stophcommerce.com

Comments

• Options
    That's a good site, only watched EP1 so far. I recently showed my missus' dad why he shouldn't be using WEP (he insists his network & rig are like Fort Knox) and cracked his network in 10 minutes then sniffed my Gmail user/pass from his laptop.

Another very scary thing is when an attackers sets up a fake access point with your BSSID/ESSID and sends deauth frames to your client which forces a disconnect/reconnect to the network and he'll have you reconnect to the fake AP, unknown to you you'll be using his fake AP, from there the possibilities what he can do are almost endless.
  • Options
    Makoto wrote: »
    That's a good site, only watched EP1 so far. I recently showed my missus' dad why he shouldn't be using WEP (he insists his network & rig are like Fort Knox) and cracked his network in 10 minutes then sniffed my Gmail user/pass from his laptop.

Another very scary thing is when an attackers sets up a fake access point with your BSSID/ESSID and sends deauth frames to your client which forces a disconnect/reconnect to the network and he'll have you reconnect to the fake AP, unknown to you you'll be using his fake AP, from there the possibilities what he can do are almost endless.

Thats why my AP isn't broadcasted and is totally random, therefore chances of that happening are scary, the best one is the FREE WIFI where people use there laptops in public places to created FREE WIFI access points. Always check the AP you connect too :-p
  • Options
    I actually was not even aware of the fake access point problem. That posses an obvious problem. At least we can *try* to be smart about where we connect.

For anyone that is interest, the final episode is up BTW