Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Amazing website

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
View docs online is a great web site that allows you to open any kind of files without installing programs
For e.g you can read acrobat files without installing adobe reader

logo.jpg

Comments

• Options
    That could be very useful if you are on your travels and dont have your own machine/laptop with you.

Though this worries me;
    We will never look into the content uploaded by users, except if we receive complaints concerning any illegality or infringement of third party rights in such content.

Which suggests stuff is left lying abour, which could be potentially interesting if you have no idea what a document is before you upload it, as you dont have the software.
  • Options
    Haven't been on the website... But surely, if they are commenting on the legality of what people upload and saying they can look into it then they may well do. And also, is it legal to avoid using certain programs... as doesn't that contradict their rights? As it is a file for their specific program? I think I'll just stick to using the correct programs :-p although I can understand why it would be useful.
    C-A x
  • Options
    Theres using certain programes to create, and then view, which are two different things.
  • Options
    As Acrobat Reader was mentioned by the OP, get rid of that POS and use Fox-It. Why do you need a program in excess of 200MB just to open PDF files?
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    That could be very useful if you are on your travels and dont have your own machine/laptop with you.

Though this worries me;

Which suggests stuff is left lying abour, which could be potentially interesting if you have no idea what a document is before you upload it, as you dont have the software.

you're right but again u can use it for normal files
    anyways I never open my secrit files in puplic or someone else laptop
  • Options
    I wasnt on about secret documents, I was on about files you just didnt know what they were.