Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Very old school reunion

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
The first year I went to school was also the last in that particular school.

The other day someone found me on facebook who was a classmate back then, and has said that they're preparing a reunion and thought I might be interested.
I'm not sure whether to go or not; I'll be very much an outsider. I've not seen any of them since that first year when we were 6, with the exception of one that I used to play with once in a while until we were about 10.
In the meanwhile, I imagine that most (if not all) of them stayed in that school till the end, which would give them 12 years of being classmates. So I'd very much be an outsider.

Hm, I guess it's my decision more than anything, but I'd still like to see some opinions. :chin:

EDIT: To add some age perspective, I'll be 24 next month.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If I was you I'd go... but probably take someone with me, if you're allowed? I mean, if he took the effort to get in touch with you then he probably wants you to be there? I've just left my school, it was my last year, and am starting a different one- where nobody I know is going. I'm not fussed about staying in touch with them at all, but if in 15 or so years someone gets in touch then it would be nice to see them. Just to see how their life turned out. On the other hand... they could all be complete twats.
    C-A x
  • Options
    i wouldnt bother at all. What's the point in going to spend an evening with a bunch of people you dont even know nor care much for?
  • Options
    I think that you must want to go else you wouldn't even be considering it, if all you are worried about is being an outsider then I would go, at the end of the day you have been invited and you might be surprised at how many people do remember you! I was on facebook recently looking up people who were only at my school for the first year or two and then moved away, and I still remember them and am still interested to hear what they are doing nowadays.
  • Options
    The first year I went to school was also the last in that particular school.

The other day someone found me on facebook who was a classmate back then, and has said that they're preparing a reunion and thought I might be interested.
    I'm not sure whether to go or not; I'll be very much an outsider. I've not seen any of them since that first year when we were 6, with the exception of one that I used to play with once in a while until we were about 10.
    In the meanwhile, I imagine that most (if not all) of them stayed in that school till the end, which would give them 12 years of being classmates. So I'd very much be an outsider.

Hm, I guess it's my decision more than anything, but I'd still like to see some opinions. :chin:

EDIT: To add some age perspective, I'll be 24 next month.

Can you remember them in any great detail? Do you think any of them would remember you? (admittedly at least one obviously does!).

I am quite open to the idea of school reunions and wouldn't hesitate to go to one either from primary or secondary school however in both instances I would have spent 4+ years with pretty much the same people and therefore have many memories to share. I wouldn't imagine one year at 6 years old would leave many lasting memories!

If you are curious then I would say go along but as already suggested, take someone with you so you know you have someone to talk to!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I don't really remember any of them, except the one I kept meeting afterwards whom I only remember a bit better. Aside from several names, there's nothing.

I'm considering to go in the sense of "Better to regret going than not" but I can think of numerous ways things could go wrong, heh.
    Incidentally, there's a yearly reunion of my high school (meaning people I was with for 2 to 6 years and more recently) but I don't really want to see any of those so I never go.

As for taking someone with me... Do you mean it like "Hey, wanna go see a bunch of people I don't remember that you never met?"