Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Can a Honda S2000 with proper snow tires survive Canada's winter?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm planning to buy a Honda S2000, but i live in Markham, Ontario, im really concerned if i can drive it in the winter cause i live alone so i wont buy another for winter.

Comments

• Options
    This is a UK-based forum, where nobody bothers with winter tyres... I doubt you're going to get much help here. :)

Should be like any other RWD car in the snow... fun... ;)
  • Options
    This in addition to the RSX you already own and the Skyline you're planning on buying? Get an 4WD Audi S4, Impreza or Mitsubishi Evo if you want a performance car that won't struggle in the snow.
  • Options
    the s2000 is a great car, i had one for a bit, but its not a cold wether car, its RWD and it sits way to low...
  • Options
    Doesn't everyone in Canada drive a pickup truck?

I have an old work colleague who has just moved there to join the police, they all use Dodge Chargers, so maybe that says something?
  • Options
    My sister lives in Ontario, and she drive a Pontiac Sunfire (I know, you all want one). That's only front wheel drive, and she gets on fine. They actually have snow ploughs unlike the UK, so I don't see what the issue is. I think you have to have chains, just in case. But the thing about a country that's used to snow is that they can actually prepare for it.
  • Options
    My sister lives in Ontario, and she drive a Pontiac Sunfire (I know, you all want one). That's only front wheel drive, and she gets on fine. They actually have snow ploughs unlike the UK, so I don't see what the issue is. I think you have to have chains, just in case. But the thing about a country that's used to snow is that they can actually prepare for it.

FWD is far better than RWD in the snow. Same as thin tires are much better than wide tires.
  • Options
    victorm wrote: »
    I'm planning to buy a Honda S2000, but i live in Markham, Ontario, im really concerned if i can drive it in the winter cause i live alone so i wont buy another for winter.

I think you should be ok.
  • Options
    I doubt it i have family in canada and they struggling in 4x4s
  • Options
    not everyone drives dodge chargers. and you will be fine if you know how to drive it proprly. my dad drives a chevy gmc denali. trust me right now i live in saskachewan canada. and get chains in case of one of the heavy snow falls. also news flash pick up trucks are cool but bairly anyone drives them anymore.