Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

constantly single what would u think

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi im extremely down in myself about my situation. Ive spent so far my 20s single and its getting to the stage now im worried about dating anyone incase they view me as a freak or soemthing. I used to be very shy and its only since i turned 24/25 that i actually started dressing like a girl and making an effort.

Comments

• Options
    Well I have just turned 24, and I have been single just under two years now. Theres nothing to worry about, you shouldnt have to dress in a way you dont want to just to fit in.

Dont worry about any stigma of having to be in a relationship, just be comfortable with yourself and you can get along just fine if you want.
  • Options
    i have only had a couple of dates i feel so out of it now!
  • Options
    I have not been on many dates in my life either.
  • Options
    whoa, in the beginning I thought you were a dude and then I read "I started dressing like a girl", oh dear.

Welcome back, ludvig, by the way. Nah, it's fine. you are no freak, not in the "for several years single now"-aspect, but in your creepy demeanor.
  • Options
    Let me guess smackeroon, you have this guy chasing you, who is engaged but this is his 4th engagement in 4 years or something?
  • Options
    how can you tell its ludvig?? its a totally different thread to wat she normally puts
  • Options
    No its not, its a constantly single thread, but thats what ludvig always whinged on about, being single all the time. Then the same poster has posted a thread in the sex forum bit, about having no experience and not knowing what to do. Right after Ludvig's posts and threads all seem to have disappeared! I guess we will find out when hundreds of threds start getting posted if this person doesnt agree with whats being said.

To the poster who started this thread, im sorry if you are not this person we are on about, just an extraordinary coincidence regarding someone that had been an issue.
  • Options
    yea we will haha
  • Options
    It does seem very similar! But you never know.

You will not be seen as a freak because it's probably a more common situation than you think - you're not the only one in this situation and you won't be the last.

I think you need to accept this situation and relax. You will meet someone. and your still young! There's not really a rush is there?
  • Options
    Never rule out me. I'm 30 and my last girlfriend was when I was 17 ffs!
  • Options
    Or me, I am 28 and haven't had many dates either......I am a very Shy person as well.....