Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

sore big toe!

this morning, i ran up the stairs too quickly, didn't make a step and my right big toe bent right backwards.

its still absolutely killing. i had to get my boyfriend to pick me up from work today because i can't walk properly :blush: im sat here normally now and the whole thing is just burning.

its so sore :( i can't touch it. it hurts too much. walking is difficult.

i dont think its broken because i can still bend it. would bad bruising cause this much pain?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    We would definitely advise you to speak to someone at NHS Direct (0845 4647), or try to visit your GP ASAP. If it is something that is preventing you from living your day to day life, then it's always best to ask a professional.

Hope you you get better in the days to come, :)
  • Options
    i dont think its broken because i can still bend it. would bad bruising cause this much pain?

Yes - I couldn't put any pressure on my foot after Mavis decided to squeeze my ankle with her car. Nothing was broken, but it swelled badly and took a very long time to heal properly.

IMO, let someone have a look who knows what they are looking at. :)
  • Options
    eeeek. woken up this morning and my toe has turned purple as has half of my foot! its all swollen and squishy too! ewwww! minging!
  • Options
    So you - obviously - did the sensible thing, and sought medical attention rather than just posting on the internet about it? ;)
  • Options
    So you - obviously - did the sensible thing, and sought medical attention rather than just posting on the internet about it? ;)

don't be daft. this is me. when do i ever do the sensible thing? :p

anyway, it seems to just be bruised now.
  • Options
    i would get it seen to. It sounds like youve broken it, even if you can still move it a bit
  • Options
    Did you have it checked by a doctor? Try to wear flip flops if you can.