Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

sore owch

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so over the past two days down there ( my privert area) has been ichy and sore...not really bad but slightly uncomfortable and i dont know why..i think it maybe thrush but i have never had it before so i dont know can any one help??:crying:

Comments

• Options
    Sti?
  • Options
    If you think it could be thrush, which sounds likely, go to a pharmacy and ask for canesten, you can get the 'duo' one that is a cream and a pill which should sort it out. Costs about £10 I think.

If there is any chance of STI then go to a sexual health clinic, and you can get tested for them and they'll also be able to tell you if it's thrush you can find one here: http://www.fpa.org.uk/Findaclinic
  • Options
    Is there any discharge? thrush usually comes with a thick white discharge but not always.

As others have said you can pick up thrush treatment from any chemists but if there is a risk of STI via unprotected sex its best to get checked out for that just incase :) hope your bits are better soon!
  • Options
    luc_bluc_b Posts: 45 Boards Initiate
    Hi hiddenxxsecrets

That doesn't sound like much fun - it's never nice when you don't know why your body's doing things out of the ordinary.

As you say, it may well be thrush. Why don't you take a look at an article on the syptoms of thrush on TheSite.org - hopefully that will give you a better idea of what's going on down there.

To put your mind at ease you could book an appointment with your doctor who should be able to tell you what's up and hopefully give you some medication to make it better :)

Take care and let us know how you get on,

Becca
  • Options
    thanx everyone for ya advice.

also i know its not a STI because i am soon to be married and i am the only person he has slept with and i never had unprotected sex before i met him.
  • Options
    Ahem now I'm not trying to cast aspersions against your other half but if you have unprotected sex then you are at risk of catching an STI.

You can never 100% trust someone that they haven't been in a situation before where they could have picked up an STI. The safest approach is to both get tested if you are going to have unprotected sex, it shouldn't be an issue or insult to anyones integrity, it should be a normal part of an active sex life, especially if you are going to have unprotected sex :)
  • Options
    i know we dont need to get checked out it took him 6 months to sleep with me i can honistly say i trust him 100% there is never a doubt in my mind that he would cheat and beside he never has time he works from 8-2 and comes home and he doesnt go out with his friends without me (not because i am a werido lol its his choice )..if anyone should be worried about cheatin it would be him seen as i go out with just my friends and that is my choice. and if he ant working he is with me.

Thank you for your concern but i can truley say i trust him 100%
  • Options
    OK :) thats nice

di dyou get any thrush stuff? or are you still ouchy :( ?
  • Options
    no i got some and its cleared up now :D so now am happy haha