Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cucumbers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just came back from the boyfriends dad's place with a crapload. I can't say no :p I eat them on salads for lunches but I'm at a loss as to what else to do. The boyfriend doesn't eat them and we don't cook meals so can't do that.

Can you eat them plain? Grilled/fried/marinated for flavor, as plain would be gross.
I know there is a creamy cucumber and dill salad http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/2033/persian-cucumber-dill-salad.aspx and I'd gladly take ideas like that too.

He has several plants so it's not like I'm depriving anybody else of them. I just hate letting food go bad.

Comments

• Options
    I just chop them up and eat them :yum:
  • Options
    You can make cucumber sandwiches and have them with afternoon tea in the garden pretending to be English.
  • Options
    theyre good to dip in hummus
  • Options
    its nice when its pickled too!
  • Options
    Oh, didn't even think about pickles! Is it easy?

Thanks for the other tips :) Hummus and sandwiches sound good... though I'd probably eat anything in a sandwich :p (except beans, I can never be that english ;))
  • Options
    Sliced up they make pretty good eye masks!
  • Options
    Make a tzatziki dip with them? Or you can eat them plain with a sprinkling of salt on them
  • Options
    you can eat them plain with salt on it, or make just cucumber salad. Either shred them or slice them in thin wheels (? lack of culinary vocab), salt, garlic, pepper, oil and vinegar, presto.

instead of vinegar and oil add yogurt and sour cream and have tzatziki, yum.
  • Options
    I tried some of the things, thank you very much, and I've come to the conclusion that I only like cucumbers when they are hidden in a salad. I doubt I really even like them then, I just cannot find them to judge. So I gave them away at work.
  • Options
    And don't forget the sexual uses for a cucumber .... :yum:
  • Options
    Ooh yum, I love cucumber!
  • Options
    Hey here's an adventurous suggestion for you:

http://www.recipe-ideas.co.uk/cucumber-recipes.htm

This site appears to have hundreds of recipes ranging from baked cucumber to swordfish and cucumber!!!

Enjoy and let us know how they go if you try them ;)
  • Options
    Just stick them in a ham sandwich! Yum.
  • Options
    I have them in a roll with sliced cheese, ham and one time i added those quaver crisps. nom nom nom
  • Options
    Why not use them in a soup or stu or something?? Dead easy to make. Or erm dunno... plant them and see if they grow into more cucumbers?! Haha!
    Crying-angel x