Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

bi polar

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i think i may have bi-polar
im not a doctor, but i researched and i have many symptoms.
i went to the doctor and she told me i wasnt depressed because i dont look depressed, even though my past history of self harming and having counselling prescribed by a doctor.
she threw a doctors note at me and really didnt care to listen, so now i feel in a rut i dont want to tell any family they think im being a 'drama queen' as they put it,
any suggestions on what i could do?
x

Comments

• Options
    You could ask to see a different doctor.
  • Options
    i suppose, but the funny thing is she was the one that prescribed me to see a counseller when i was self harming, i dont want them to think im just being silly, but i need help.
  • Options
    thankyou for replying to my post,
  • Options
    You're not being silly. You obviously want some help. I'm sorry that that doctor didn't take you seriously.
  • Options
    i think im going to ring and ask for an appointment with another doctor tomoro, i just cant sleep at the minuite, its scary not knowing whats going on im always very nervous at the moment,
  • Options
    Bi-polar is bandied around a lot these days. I'm cerainly not saying you're not bi-polar, but it's not a very common condition.

As for the depression, well you don't have to suffer from depression to be depressed. Lots of mental health problems have an element of drepression to them, also a lot of physical illnesses.

The way your doctor treated you was fucking disgusting and i would seriously consider making a complaint against her. Was she a locum ?

The best thing to do would be to register with another doctor, see what they say and get a referal to a psychiatric team.
  • Options
    yeah thankyou for your help, im not sure what ive got i know im not very well, i dont know if its bi-polar i just have a few symptoms of it. but im going to get a new doctor and possibly put a complaint in about my other doctor but at the moment i have no energy
  • Options
    it's sounds anxiety related, with you not being able to sleep, feeling nervous and having no energy. perhaps do some research on anxiety issues as well. of course there is the issue that maybe you are feeling more anxious because you think you are bipolar and this is causing you to worry excessively.
    Do your research, write down symptoms and perhaps keep a diary of events, then when you go see another doctor you can explain things better.
    hope you get on all right, i know how difficult these things can be.