Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

im confused and need some help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey im new to this so please bare with me.
its a long story im 24 and have have quite a hard last 10yrs and have had a very shelterd life, and dont have much experaince in relationships or sex. last year i met my first real b/f. on our second date we ended up back at his place and ended up in bed but didnt sleep togther, the second time i went back which was a few weeks later even though i had only seen him a few times because of work we did end up sleeping together, now my dad says thatm i was wrong to do this and that i shouldnt have slept with him and that he is only after one thing. i totally disagree with this. we were together for 8 months but only saw each other a couple of times a week due to, work. another problem that i have is that my dad has also asked me to keep him informed of what was going on and when i was going to see my ex b/f i didnt agree with this but my dad has said all i hve done is make myself look like a slag. me and b/f are no longer togther i am upset at this and dont know what to do. sorry for this beng so long but i really do need some advice

Comments

• Options
    I think you need to tell your dad that you are grown up and ready to live your own life and make your own decisions. Whilst I am sure he has your best interests at heart I don't think he is going about it the wrong way - especially saying all you have done is make yourself look like a slag.

Not that when you have sex with someone is any determinent of being a 'slag' or not, but you were in an exclusive long term relationship, so I have no idea why he's jumped to that conclusion. He almost sounds like a jealous boyfriend himself.

Break ups happen and are an unfortunate fact of life.. they never really get easier to take but I think after your first you realise that there is light at the end of the tunnel, that every closed door as it were is a new opportunity even if it takes a while to want to take that opportunity. You now have the freedom to meet new people and go out and have fun, you're 24 and you should be enjoying life before you end up settling down.

Good luck.
  • Options
    your dad sounds a bit like my dad altho he didnt say keep me informed he did once call me a "slag" but i have only had 7 boyfriends so and two of which he met the others he didnt.

maybe sit down and explain to your dad that you are 24 and you will lead you rlife how you like it and there isnt anything he can do about it..i kno it sounds hard and its easy for me to say but maybe if you do this he might get a shock and realise you are not a little girl that needs protecting anymore.

my dad got so bad and i got soo mad with him i moved out with my boyfriend and 19 and i am still with him now and me and my dad get alot better.

another tip if you meet someone dont tell your dad about him if he asks where are you going and who with say am going out with a friend and dont tell your dad until you know for defo that the realtionship is worth getting all the hassel

hope you get sorted with it good luck