Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Advice Needed :-]

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello folks,

Pleased to meet you all, I'm looking for some advice. I think I've come to the right place ;)

I met a girl at work recently - she works in one of our foreign offices. We first spoke on the phone and on email. From the very first time I spoke with her, there was something in her voice that massively attracted me to her. After a few friendly emails at work, we soon swapped private email addresses, phone numbers and IM. We spent the next month and a half talking in our private time, we talked about all manner of things, often all night which was really nice. It turns out she has been single for 6 month's and me for about 3. Her last relationship lasted most of her youth (she is 24 now) and mine for about 3 years. Anyway...
Soon after talking in private, we decided we HAD to meet. Me being a guy, thought it was only natural I went to visit her. So, off I went to land a far and was greeted by my beautiful girl. We spent a lovely week together and I feel like she has the potential to be my girl for a very long time.

When I got back from seeing her, things seemed to slow down a little bit. Then one day, she confessed to me that she still thought of her X and at the moment couldn’t see us being together. She said she thought I was one of the nicest people she’s ever met but at the moment she just doesn’t know what she wants. I was a bit hurt, but at the same time I understood that she had spent most of her youth with her X and these things take a long time to heal. So anyway, I didn’t make a big deal out of what she said and I made sure she knew I was there if she needed to talk.

So.... Now the bit which has left me wondering what to do next. We still talk every day, she always tells me I’m nice and I’ve said to her once or twice that it’s probably best we don’t talk anymore as I like her a lot. She always says I’m silly to say that as she likes me. She sometimes gives me signs that she still wants something with me. For example, she tells me I’m very special and she always thinks of me.
So, what do I do now? I think she still has feeling
for her X. But to be honest, I don’t believe they will get back together and she often talks about forgetting the past and moving on (although being a girl she never says exactly what she means). LOL.

I’m trying to give her some space to work things out. I always let her know I’m still interested in her and she always asks who I’m going out with, where I’ve been etc etc. So I think there is still something there. Although maybe I’m dreaming?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

F :)

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn't rule out the fact that she must think highly of you and wants to maintain contact even if it is just as a friends.

Other than that, you just need to sit this out and be patient for as long as you are happy to do so.

There is no easy solution to this as far as you're concerned so just continue to be the friend you are, and don't take any 'signs' from her that she is intetrested unless she tells you upfront - or else you will be possibly living on false-hopes for a long, long time. It's so easy to read into things that are not necessarily there.
  • Options
    I think I will just have to wait and see how this one pans out. She has promised to come and see me soon though, so that's a fairly good sign :thumb: