Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Getting gum off shoes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Due to the fact that there are disgusting rude assholes out there that feel that it is all right to spit their sticky garbage wherever they feel fit, I've got gum on the bottom of my shoes for the second time in less than a month :\

The tread is deep and has a lot of it http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/aname/HPIM0032.jpg and I can't get the gum out. I've tried freezing it, scraping it, I've even tried a tar remover on it and nothing is working.

I don't enjoy sticking everywhere that I walk and I don't want to throw them away. Any tips?

Comments

• Options
    How did you try freezing it ? Best way i've got gum off something. Freeze it using a cannister of liquid gas (like you use to refil a lighter) that gets it cold enough then pick it out with a pin/needle.
  • Options
    I just threw it in the freezer :p Is this liquid gas stuff expensive or come with a different name? I'm only finding all sciency stuff online.

I think I'll throw up if I have to pick at it some more. Who knows whose mouth it has been in and what it has been in since it left!
  • Options
    Oh I just hate that too. A toothpick usually works for me.
  • Options
    Freezy stuff you will probably find in a hardware shop, as it is used for plumbing work. Comes in cans. I suspect it would work on shoe soles.