Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

trust/jealousy issues

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi
A few months ago i saw some emails on my boyfriends account from a girl, and he was flirting with her. i confronted him and he promised to delete her from hus account. I discovered recently that he had not done this. Also he has been in touch with an ex who has spent a long time trying to split us up.He told me he was going to a friends house, and then went to see her instead, i only found out when he told me afterwards. Now i feel like i cant trust him at all, he is acting like he has done nothing wrong but he knew i was insecure about his ex being involved in his life because she had tried in the past to split us up. Now i am constantly suspicious about whether he is flirting with anyone else or cheatin on me and it is drivin me crazy because i was the most trustin person in the world before all this, and its really not me at all!in the beginning of our relationship i encouraged him and his ex to be friends as there was a lot of ill feeling between them and i didnt think it was healthy, but as she tried to convince him to break up with me and go back to her for obvious reasons i changed my mind! this is the second time he has gone behind my back with her; at the beginning of our relationship he arranged 2 meet her when i was on holiday and i found out when he sent a text 2 me that was meant 4 her by mistake.
sorry 4 the long post but i could really do with some advice, especially if u have been in a similar position where u dont feel like u can trust ur partner but have managed to overcome it.
thanks
sam

Comments

• Options
    Get rid of him.
  • Options
    well he swears that nothing happened, they just talked and whatever and i have no reason not to believe him i suppose...she cheated on him so if anyone is against cheating its him...i feel like im going mad!
  • Options
    Just because he was cheated on, doesnt mean he wont cheat himself. Even if he isnt cheating, you really want to be with someone who is that inconsiderate as to your feelings and does all these things, that if he realised they made you feel uncomfortable, he wouldnt do. Unless he is a moron.
  • Options
    Plus another point here, is not necessarily the cheating (if nothing happened) its the going behind your back.
  • Options
    i know but we have agreed to give things another try because we did split up 4 a while and i do love him. i just need to learn how 2 trust him again.
  • Options
    Knowing fine well he had no problem doing these things before hand, who says he wont have a problem doing them again.

Who first brought up the getting back together again?
  • Options
    He did
  • Options
    So he came crawling back when it turns out the grass wasnt greener on the otherside? To be fair if he has been cheated on before, he should know fine well that his behaviour is at least a little bit disrespectful.
  • Options
    no it wasnt like that... he met up with her and i told him to choose between her friendhsip or our relationship and he chose me. he hasnt had any contact with her since then, and i know that 4 certain.but i ended it because it had hurt me too much and he wouldnt talk about it. since then we have talked about it and i feel sure that nothing happened when he went to see her, but now that he has lied the trust has been broken and im worried what else he has or will lie about. i really want this to work, i know i sound like a doormat but im not he knows that he is on his last chance and i have cooled things right off-called off our engagement and giving myself a bit more space rather than seeing him all the time.i know things wont be sorted overnight but i cant let the doubt ruin a relationship that is otehrwise fine
  • Options
    So he has even been doing these things when engaged? Jesus!

Just make sure this is his last chance, as I have heard so many times of people being on their last chance, time and time again.