Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Changing pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey,

I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong section but I am struggling to find an answer to my question anywhere!

Basically I am taking microgynon 30 at the moment but have decided to change for various reasons so my doctor has prescribed my femodene, however she told me to still have my 7 day break then start taking it when I would have done my next microgynon pill, but the booklet in the box of femodene and everywhere on the internet seems to say I was meant to start taking it straight after my last pack, which it's too late for me to do now!

I know I should probably trust my doctor but when everywhere else is saying something different it's just made me worry a bit!

Anybody had any experience of changing their pills like this? Did you start straight away or have your 7 day break?

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    I had the same thing. My doc said to take my break, but both pack leaflets said not to take the break, so i ignored my doc and went straight on to the new pills.

If you're worried, use extra protection for 7 days :)
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply :)

I figured using extra protection for 7 days should be all I needed to do...just not helpful when a doctor says one thing and everything else says another! lol
  • Options
    This happened me too and i'm really worried at the minute. My doctor said to take them straight away but i wanted to have a break cos i knew i wouldnt be able to have my following one cos i'll be on holidays. So i took a 7 day break even though the leaflet AND the doctor said not to. Now i'm really worried. By the time I see my boyfriend, I'll have had 7 of my new pills, so will i be protected or will i need to use condoms etc as well??

please please help me!