Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Don't know whether to just bite the bullet

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got chatting to this girl on the bus stop a couple of weeks back (I noticed she used to catch the same bus as me, get off the same stop as me and work next door to my works building before we spoke).

She dropped her bus ticket and I picked it up for her and it all started there.. As we got talking I thought we clicked straight away and I ended up finding out loads about her in the 15-20mins it takes to get to work and vice versa.

Anyway, span this across about 4 or 5 days of talking for 15-20mins every day she eventually asked me for my works email (as we both work for the local council but in different sectors) and we've been emailing here and there since.

I noticed the last time I spoke to her she was standing really close to me and she touched my shoulder a couple of times while we were talking, once to compliment my jacket and another time as she was explaining something (God that makes me sound like a weirdo writing that out). I've defo got a soft spot for her in any case :)

But! I'm not 100% sure she feels the same way.. She's really friendly and has shitloads of friends on facebook so the way she is with me could just be how she normally acts with everyone. It's weird because usually I'm alright with asking someone out for a drink and can take the knockback but this time I'm holding back and I don't know why.

I think it's partly because we have to catch the same bus into work every day, which would be well awkward and probably partly because I know if I ask her and I've got the wrong idea it might put a divide between us and we won't talk again (which I don't want as she's really sound!).

We've got quite a lot in common and although she's 4 years older than me (I'm 23) we're both blatantly on the same level (personality wise) - same humour, same taste in things, get up to the same things on weekends. She hits the same sorta clubs I hit but for different events and my mates always seem to go to different nights when shes's out (it doesn't look as direct if we were both going to the same night anyway and I happened to bump into her there)!

I've noticed she called me loads of things like 'sweetness, love, etc' and things like that and most of the lads she speaks to on facebook she calls them 'mate'. So I just don't know.. Anyone have any ideas on how I can indirectly ask her out without making it look like the pressure of a date sorta thing?

Comments

• Options
    Aspire wrote: »
    I got chatting to this girl on the bus stop a couple of weeks back (I noticed she used to catch the same bus as me, get off the same stop as me and work next door to my works building before we spoke).

She dropped her bus ticket and I picked it up for her and it all started there.. As we got talking I thought we clicked straight away and I ended up finding out loads about her in the 15-20mins it takes to get to work and vice versa.

Anyway, span this across about 4 or 5 days of talking for 15-20mins every day she eventually asked me for my works email (as we both work for the local council but in different sectors) and we've been emailing here and there since.

I noticed the last time I spoke to her she was standing really close to me and she touched my shoulder a couple of times while we were talking, once to compliment my jacket and another time as she was explaining something (God that makes me sound like a weirdo writing that out). I've defo got a soft spot for her in any case :)

But! I'm not 100% sure she feels the same way.. She's really friendly and has shitloads of friends on facebook so the way she is with me could just be how she normally acts with everyone. It's weird because usually I'm alright with asking someone out for a drink and can take the knockback but this time I'm holding back and I don't know why.

I think it's partly because we have to catch the same bus into work every day, which would be well awkward and probably partly because I know if I ask her and I've got the wrong idea it might put a divide between us and we won't talk again (which I don't want as she's really sound!).

We've got quite a lot in common and although she's 4 years older than me (I'm 23) we're both blatantly on the same level (personality wise) - same humour, same taste in things, get up to the same things on weekends. She hits the same sorta clubs I hit but for different events and my mates always seem to go to different nights when shes's out (it doesn't look as direct if we were both going to the same night anyway and I happened to bump into her there)!

I've noticed she called me loads of things like 'sweetness, love, etc' and things like that and most of the lads she speaks to on facebook she calls them 'mate'. So I just don't know.. Anyone have any ideas on how I can indirectly ask her out without making it look like the pressure of a date sorta thing?

Ask her out.
  • Options
    Oooh using facebook as a social investigative and insight tool!
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    Oooh using facebook as a social investigative and insight tool!

:confused: Umm.. nope, not really man. It's just something I've noticed.

ETA: Ahh, I see why you might think that.. no I don't use it to check what events she's going to or anything, we just generally talk about what we're up to on the weekends when we see each other.. I'm no stalker haha.
  • Options
    She could just be being friendly or she might fancy you - the only way to find out is to ask her out.
  • Options
    Ask her out, shes gagging :D
  • Options
    Ask her out, the worse thing is she'll say no, then at least you know not to bother with her anymore! And if she was standing close to you etc she obviously feels comfortable and happy around you or she wouldn't stand so close or touch you. Good luck mate :)
  • Options
    :confused: Umm.. nope, not really man. It's just something I've noticed.

ETA: Ahh, I see why you might think that.. no I don't use it to check what events she's going to or anything, we just generally talk about what we're up to on the weekends when we see each other.. I'm no stalker haha.

People who read into things on facebook, generally mess it up.
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    People who read into things on facebook, generally mess it up.

Gotta agree with that.
  • Options
    It was just an observation lads.. I'm not exactly scanning through every comment that's made on there and analysing every word on them!

Either way, thanks for the advice, I'm just gonna have to take the plunge so if it all goes tits up at least I tried.
  • Options
    It was just an observation lads.. I'm not exactly scanning through every comment that's made on there and analysing every word on them!

Either way, thanks for the advice, I'm just gonna have to take the plunge so if it all goes tits up at least I tried.

Thats what im saying, you have made an observation, and if you say you are just scanning comments, then your even more likely to get it wrong.
  • Options
    Ask her if she wants to go out for a drink or a pizza after work one night. You don't need to turn it into a massive all-singing date, but I think there's enough interest there to at least ask. Don't apply pressure and keep it informal at first.

And lets face it, even if she says no, you've not really got anything to lose. You're not close friends and, apart from a bit of initial embarassment, there'll be little fallout if she does decline.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    Ask her if she wants to go out for a drink or a pizza after work one night. You don't need to turn it into a massive all-singing date, but I think there's enough interest there to at least ask. Don't apply pressure and keep it informal at first.

:yes: He's a wise boy, is our Kermit.
  • Options
    I would possibly say something like ohh i'm going to this really good club night on friday and i thought it might be right up your street fancy coming along...
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    I would possibly say something like ohh i'm going to this really good club night on friday and i thought it might be right up your street fancy coming along...

:yes: dont make it sound like a full on date, espcially how your not sure if she likes you. Asking to go to a club is like a steppng stone, its not an intimate date but it a good chance to see her somewhere else other than the bus stop.

Just take it from there :yes:
  • Options
    Sweet, did the deed (ended up taking Kermit's advice for food/drink in the end) and she seemed well up for it. Goin out after work tonight.. cheers peeps! :)