Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How long?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
heyya, this might sound really stupid... but how long after having sex should a pregnancy test be done ? Somebody said it's about 2 weeks, but I'm not sure :confused:

Thank you :)

Crying-angel x

Comments

• Options
    They tend to say the first day after your missed period but you can buy some tests which can be done a little earlier.

Basically there are steps which have to happen after initial conception before the test can accurately identify if you are pregnant. It is all down to the pregnancy hormone and that doesn't tend to start appearing/increasing until a good 6-10 days after conception and may not be high enough to detect for at least 2 weeks or even more!
  • Options
    You should take one a couple of days after your period's due. The pregnancy hormones may be present in your urine before, if you've conceived early in your cycle, but often won't be.
  • Options
    I did a test 4 days after having sex and found out i was pregnant and am now expecting a little girl in january x
    :) so do it asap
  • Options
    Chloeee wrote: »
    I did a test 4 days after having sex and found out i was pregnant and am now expecting a little girl in january x
    :) so do it asap

no, don't do it asap.