Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

*decent* running shoes

does anyone know of any really good ones out there for outdoor running?

theres lots out there but im not sure which ones are good and which ones aren't?

i have rather weak ankles so i need some ones that are actually ok.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I have some reebok classics which ive had for ages and theyre fine for me when i do PE..(left school now though so ill never do excersise again lol) but yeh, any of the well known brands do the job aka nike, reebok, adidas

=]
  • Options
    Anything by Asics, Saucony, New Balance, as well as the usual brands like Nike. Go to a proper running shop and get them properly fitted if you're worried about it your feet. They watch you run and pick shoes that suit your running style. Something to do with where you put pressure on your feet when you run, and picking shoes that compensate for it. It's all very technical, and I don't really have a clue.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Go to a proper running shop and get them properly fitted if you're worried about it your feet. They watch you run and pick shoes that suit your running style. Something to do with where you put pressure on your feet when you run, and picking shoes that compensate for it. It's all very technical, and I don't really have a clue.

This is my advice. What suits one person may not suit another. Go and get fitted out in a shop and they will advise. Good running shops have things like treadmills to see how you run so they will see where you need the support the most and what sort of shoes are best for you :)
  • Options
    I have a pair of ASICS GEL-Kanbarra 3 Running Shoes, very comfortable and decent price. And i want got another pair next month.
  • Options
    Asics are good running shoes.

To find the perfect shoe try and find a sports shop that does foot scans. They scan your foot when walking and running and look at the shape and if you have anyhting like flat feet etc and then they can recommend the best shoe for you :)
  • Options
    re
    Valorous wrote: »
    I have a pair of ASICS GEL-Kanbarra 3 Running Shoes, very comfortable and decent price. And i want got another pair next month.

That's great, and i have had it before, really good shoes.
  • Options
    mine are mizuno
    theyre really good if you pronate when you run as they have good arch support. Better than most of the others
  • Options
    I like either the Asics or Puma. Found Adidas are a weird sizing, smaller than your normal size i found. And i hate Nike Air running shoes.
    I've got a pair of Puma trainers at the mo which are lightweight running shoes and they're great. For the first time in a long time i've had no knee pains (got slightly dicky knees and yes aware running isn't the best for them) at all and to be honest i only do about 3 miles once a week at the moment so they're ideal.
  • Options
    I've never worn athletic shoes but adidas. They have good arch support I find. My boyfriend also has weak ancles so he has to wear higher shoes. Not oldschool hightops don't worry :p Around here they are usually classified as basketball shoes but who knows there ;)
  • Options
    does anyone know of any really good ones out there for outdoor running?

theres lots out there but im not sure which ones are good and which ones aren't?

i have rather weak ankles so i need some ones that are actually ok.

When you say "outdoor runnin" are you intending to run cross-country, not just around your home place?

Nike are lovely but so are Saucony: http://www.sportsshoes.com/products/saucony/shoe/?

and on that website there's some keen price reductions.

I recommend you visit a running store in your town because a pro would properly fit you with a decent and comfy running shoe. Nikes are fine, but if you're serious about running and are going out every day, then it will benefit you to get the right running shoe and at a price you can afford.
  • Options
    Yea- reeboks are good... personally I do sprinting sooo I wear Nikes x