Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Suitable trousres for the summer?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Recently, it's been very hot and I really have is jeans and tracksuit bottoms. Neither of which are suitable because they can get very hot.

Does anyone know of anything more suitable, please? I was thinking something along the lines of linen trousers? I have a pair of crop trousers which are linen and that's it really, but I have no idea where they're from.

Comments

• Options
    I got a scrummy pair of linen trousers from Asda last year, I think they were £15 and I love them.

Still going strong nearly a year later.
  • Options
    How about..:eek: Shorts. :yeees:
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    How about..:eek: Shorts. :yeees:
    Not everyone feels comfortable in shorts, I know I don't. No need to be such a dick.

Melian - I have the same problem though my jeans are just about coping at the moment. When I have a bit of spare money I'm planning on getting myself a few pairs of linen trousers and maybe a pair of crops if I can find some that look half decent.
  • Options
    Thanks Franki.

As for the suggestion about shorts - given the state of my legs (cuts and bruises) there's no way I'm going to wear them.
  • Options
    I have this problem! I hate my legs and they look awful in shorts and cropped pants :crying:

Doesn't help that they are whiter than white!

Linen trousers are good and you can pick them up quite cheap from Primark, Asda, Tesco, Matalan and even Sainsburys!
  • Options
    Thanks. Mine are very white too.
  • Options
    I don't do shorts shorts either. When I wear skirts and dresses in the summer I wear them with leggings.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    When I wear skirts and dresses in the summer I wear them with leggings.

I've always said I'll never wear leggings but I think I may have to invest in a pair for the summer. I can't be sweating my arse off in jeans all the time!

By even be brave and get some jeggings :crazyeyes
  • Options
    I like those thin cotton combats for summer. They're dead cheap and you can roll them up to make crops too :thumb:
  • Options
    I got a pair of really nice cropped jeans from Peacocks, for about £12, they come just below my knee, and they've lasted me 3 years so far! so skate pants all the way! :D (and yeh, my upper thighs are cut to shreds, so its a no-no to shorts)
  • Options
    Linen would be good, or a pair of lightweight combats from M&S/Dorthery P's etc. I tend to always buy mine from M&S, they do various lengths and colours and are a good price, I live in them for the vast majority of the year.
  • Options
    I have knee length denim shorts from Primark last year and they have the same ones again this year.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure Primark have piles of linen trousers in loads of different colours. :)
  • Options
    Yeah Primark definitely have some.
  • Options
    Thanks. Did manage to get a couple of decent pairs in H&M.