Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

asking the mummies out there...

what immunisations do most kids have?

i have had everything but my mum is refusing to help me out with my medical questionnaire thingy for a job im applying for.

theres an option for bcg, cholera, poliomyelitis, rubella, rabies, typhoid, tetanus toxid, yellow fever, immunoglobulin and hepatitis b.

i know ive had my bcd, polio and rubella but i have no idea about the rest.

my dad doesn't know either as my mum dealt with this stuff (its all in that red book you get but she's refusing to hand it over or even say what injections ive had) and my doctors don't know either.

helppppp. ta.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    your doctors will know as it should be in your medical records,

you should've had a tetnus before and typhoid
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    your doctors will know as it should be in your medical records,

you should've had a tetnus before and typhoid

nah, they don't.

they keep pestering me for my immunisation details because apparently when they got my medical details from old doctors, it wasn't on there.
  • Options
    Your doctors should know.

You probably had tetanus at the same time as polio, but doubt you'd have had the other unless you've travelled somewhere exotic.
  • Options
    Working through them in order:

BCG was a standard one they gave in schools at about 15 until very recently. You'll probably have a scar on your upper left arm from it.

Cholera isn't routinely given in the UK, so you'd only have had that one as a special for travelling somewhere funky.

Polio vaccines are part of the standard set that they give all kids, used to come a sugar cube.

Rubella is in the MMR vaccine, if you had eveything you'll have had some of that but not necessarily all the doses. A fair number of 19-25 yr olds missed one.

Rabies you'll have only had for travelling somewhere funky.

Typhoid again is one you'll have had for travelling but not routinely.

Tetanus you get in the preschool lot, and then usually gets boosted every 10 years. If you've not had one after you were 14 then you'll need a booster before you're fully protected again.

Yellow fever you'll only have had for funky travelling.

Hep B you'll only have had for travelling or for high risk jobs/lifestyle reasons.
  • Options
    Doctors often don't know.

It depends on how good the link up between the baby services and school vaccination services were in your area at the time of your vaccination.

Some system relied on parents getting the vaccine records into the red book and then that info getting transferred onto the medical records at some point.
  • Options
    My doctors claimed they didn't know, but they did. They just couldn't be bothered to go through my old (handwritten) notes. All the info was there, just not easily accessible.
  • Options
    Apart from your BCG and Rubella all of the others run out sooner or later anyway so even if you've had them its likely that you will need to have another now anyway as they all only last 10 years at most - so I wouln't worry too much. But unless you've been travelling then its very unlikely that you will have had any of them other than tetanus - which you get given anyway in hospital if you've had a bad cut or animal bite.
  • Options
    Your Dr will give you a list of all the vaccinations you have had. I just had to get a list for my job. It did cost me £10 but I just photocopied it and kept the original so if I ever need it again then I have it.

I've had to get this list before a few times for uni and other Occy Health things but never kept hold of it. It took about a day for them to do it.