Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Circulation.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think I have circulation problems in my arms. At least, I hope I do because I have no idea what else it could be. Basically my arm (either one) will start aching from my elbow down to my hand and/or the outer half (little finger - middle finger) of my hand will start to feel numb or completely dead and I'll get pins and needles. I'm not doing anything weird with them, and yes they're elevated (to use my laptop) but they're always below my chest and lying straight.

I figured it's circulation because I get it in my legs a fair bit too, although I know that's largely because of how I sit (with my legs stretched over a chair usually).

Any help in how I can improve the circulation in my arms? It's really starting to bug me :(.

Comments

• Options
    If it's when you're using your laptop then it's probably a case of improving your behaviour when using the computer. Taking regular breaks, waving your arms around etc etc.

I know my brother had similar problems which were something to do with tight or trapped nerves and physio and stretching fixed it.
  • Options
    That's true. I do try and wave them around a bit, but it doesn't really seem to help much :/. It happens when I'm reading as well. Sigh at my body.
  • Options
    I don't have great circulation either.
    Any tips on improvement would be good! I think regular exercise and a healthier lifestyle than what I do/have now would help to be honest.
  • Options
    luc_bluc_b Posts: 45 Boards Initiate
    Hey Franki

Sorry to hear you're getting these discomforts. It can't be fun - especially if you're not 100% sure what's causing them.

Why don't you take a look on NHS Direct. If you type in your symptoms, the website's quite good at helping you work out what's wrong.

It sounds like you've taken quite a few steps to try and combat the problem already, so if these aren't working you could always visit your GP.

I hope you find a cure! Let us know how you get on :)

Becca