Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Holiday pay when leaving.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am leaving my job in 2 months, so I will be entitled to my holiday pay pro rata.

I get 13 days holiday, and have so far booked 6. We completely shut for christmas, so 10 holiday days are used then.

Am I entitled to 7 months worth of 23 holiday days, or 7 months worth of 13 holiday days? Or will it depend on the company?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    you will only get what you have acrued for this year, for example if you have 30 holidays in total and worked for 6months you'll get 6.12ths of your total holidays payed to you,

I believe you have 23 holidays left to use this year? if so you'll get months working this year / 12 of 23
  • Options
    No, I get 13 days holiday a year, but I get 10 at Christmas as well. As I won't be here at Christmas I am wondering if I am entitled to be paid for my share of these 10 days due to the fact I will have worked 7 of the 12 months.
  • Options
    you get 23 holiday days, if full time min is 24 last year, went up to 28 this year, full time employees,

you'll get 7/12ths of 23, you are still entitled to them as "holidays" they can just choose when you have them etc,
  • Options
    if you have 23 days over 12 months means you accrue approx 2 days a month.

7 x 2 = 14
    - 6 you have already taken

leaves 8...which you should get paid for.