Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Worried about mood swings

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know how you feel, I'm certain I'm bipolar, I'll be on top of the world one minute and then the next I'll be thinking about killing myself, but I am too scared/embarrassed to go to the doctor :crying:

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey Billie,
    Like some other posts in the suicide thread, I've moved your post so you can get individual support. When lots of people post similar things in the same thread your worries can get lost and it's harder to get replies.

I'm sorry to hear you're afraid to go to the doctor - it's not uncommon, but for many people it's the first step to getting the support and treatment they need. It's worth remembering that if you go to one GP and they don't provide you with an adequate service then you have every right to see a different one. TheSite.org's article on GP's the alternatives is worth a read.

You might find TheSite.org's article on understanding mood swings worth a read and there's some audio to listen to.

I'm sure other people will have other experiences and insight to share with you.

Hope you stick around. :)