Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help....I've done something stupid

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I told a friend that I fancy her over msn...

Basically we were talking about relationships and so on. I ended up telling her I liked someone but couldn't tell them. She kept pestering me to tell her. I wouldn't tell her. Then I asked her if she said she liked someone. She said yes, but he had a girlfriend. She then returned to asking me who it was I liked. I just said 'it's you'. She wrote 'haha' and i wrote 'I can't believe you don't believe me'. She went quiet, and I apologised in case it made her awkward. She said it was ok, then asked if I was being serious. I lost my nerve, told her I was really talking about someone else but told her I found her very attractive.

What do I do now? Did I blow it? Does she like me?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Dont worry mate, just tell her in person how you feel. Explain how you were scared of telling her and that you really do like her. :)
  • Options
    Yup, dont worry about it, just be up front and honest, rather than trying to hide it.

You never know, she might think you're quite cute as well, and if she turns you down, well dont be embarrassed. It happens to us all at one point or another and there's no need to hide your feelings, or be embarrassed about it. When you see her just act as you would normally
  • Options
    I told a friend that I fancy her over msn...

Basically we were talking about relationships and so on. I ended up telling her I liked someone but couldn't tell them. She kept pestering me to tell her. I wouldn't tell her. Then I asked her if she said she liked someone. She said yes, but he had a girlfriend. She then returned to asking me who it was I liked. I just said 'it's you'. She wrote 'haha' and i wrote 'I can't believe you don't believe me'. She went quiet, and I apologised in case it made her awkward. She said it was ok, then asked if I was being serious. I lost my nerve, told her I was really talking about someone else but told her I found her very attractive.

What do I do now? Did I blow it? Does she like me?

Thanks

Things like this happen. And tbh, they happened to me many times in my younger days. I would still not give up and be persistent, which turned out to be a mistake, each and every time. There is no chance to be with her, in my opinion. And the 'benefits' you might have had as a friend (like trust etc.) stopped right after your confession.

Forget her
  • Options
    Have you talked since?

I don't know if she likes you, but she does sound as though she's unsure what to do.
  • Options
    I would now ask her if she really likes you then you will know for sure.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    It happened very recently....not spoken to her since then...though I thought I'd give it a breather and not chat to her on messenger, though she is on.
  • Options
    I have had this done to me,and yeh, it was a bit awkward to chat to that person after, but then i realised, i'm not going to just not talk to them cuz they confessed, i just made it totally clear i just wanted to be friends, and it was ok after that.
  • Options
    don't worry just talk to her
    you never know what might happen
    i was in a simular situation once
    i talked to her but she didn't have any feelings for me
    but we are still best friends
  • Options
    Has she told you how she feels?
    And the 'benefits' you might have had as a friend (like trust etc.) stopped right after your confession.

Why? I've done this before with a friend (he said something and then changed the subject completely) and there are no issues with trust.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    Why? I've done this before with a friend (he said something and then changed the subject completely) and there are no issues with trust.

Just speaking from experience. Maybe it was for the better anyway, because I just can't switch off my feelings and still see this person everyday which makes me heartsick. So I hear less and less from them, they stop confiding in me that much etc.

As if I commited a crime.
  • Options
    She texted me the next day asking how I was....something she never normally does...then she was hanging around with me all day the following day...but when I saw her today she almost ignored or seemed to shy to talk or even look at me? What's going on?