Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How to get rid of brassy roots?!! Help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so I normally get my hair bleached at the salon, but in a bid to save some cash I decided to bleach my roots at home. I used Garnier Nutrisse in a extra light blonde (my hair is brown at the roots but blonde everywhere else) and it has left me with lovely white hair but disgusting orange roots that look ridiculous!!! In a drastic attempt to correct it I reapplied the bleach to my roots two more times, but they are STILL orange!! :crying: Does anyone know what I can do???? I bought some wella toner for 99p in ash blonde but am scared my hair might turn purple because it'll be so porous!! Any advice......I don't want to have to wear a scarf on my head for the next 6 weeks!!!! :(

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    My hairs blonde with nice BLACK roots... its a pain up the backside to dye.

Ahhh it sounds like your killing your hair! Stop it! Don't use the toner as its not going to lighten your hair, however it wont turn it purple either lol.

Your hair can't take being dyed so much in a short space of time and you'll end up with major breakage. Go to sleep with a VERY good conditioner on (try Aussie 3min miracle) and then a few days later try doing your roots again.

Good luck!! x