Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Suicidal!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Please help!! recently my parent split and are goin throught a very rough devorce, it has left me living wit my dad but not speaking to my mum and has really messed me up i am starting to think of suicide and have come close, i take epilepcy tablets and i have even stopped taking them for a few days in tho hope that something would happen to me i think i really need help what should i do?:confused:

Comments

• Options
    So sorry to hear what a bad time ur having Ive been there a few years back myself. Its not ur fault things are bad at the moment but it will get better believe me/ u should go to the drs and tell them how u r feeling u need to express ur anger and sadness to someone. Get back on ur tabs as well because u wont feel yourself .............and that only makes things seem worse than they are. so get down to the doctors or ring up your local conextions and ask to speak to a counsellor as soon as possible. As bad as u think it is really it will get better for you Im sure u have the strength inside u to get through this. take care and good luck
  • Options
    Hi miiss welcome to thesite :wave:

I'm sorry you're going through such a bad time at the moment, it can be very hard when parents seperate and affects everyone in many different ways.

Do you have anyone that you could talk to about the way you are feeling? a friend or family member maybe or even someone like has been suggested your doctor or a connexions worker?

It can be really tough to share our feelings but can also really help to work through them.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing and maybe tell us a little more about your situation.

You've done a really great thing coming here :thumb:
  • Options
    Hey miss,

I'm sorry about what's happening to you at the moment. I can't really relate, but a lot of people experience their parents divorcing acrimoniously. My father, for one, went through allsorts of hell as a boy, which is ironic to me, because I alway remember my grandparents getting along fine (although still divorced) when they were still alive.

Bascially, what I'm saying is that it will get better. Maybe you should talk to your father about it, if not your mother too.
  • Options
    thankyou for all your replies, yes i have spoke to family members but that seems to make things worse as it all seems to get back to other people i speak to my boyfriend but its hard 4 me 2 speak to anyone really and im really scared to go to the doctors, i feel like i should be just getting on with it for the sake of my younger brother and to be strong for my dad!! :crazyeyes my head is such a mess!!!
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey,

It's not unusual to find it difficult to talk to people who are so close to us at times like this - as dollypop says, there might be outsiders such as a doctor, connexions worker, or even student counsellor/peer mentor who could help during this tough time - talking to someone who isn't dealing with the impact themselves can be a great relief.

You may also find TheSite's article on dealing with divorce helpful in trying to understand some of the emotions you're experiencing at the moment.

Take care and keep posting. :)
  • Options
    Hiyaa,
    Iv Been Thinking About Going To The Doctors But Im Really Scared Not Only Of Them But What He Is Goin to Say Aswell I No I Neeed To Get Sorted Because It Isnt Gettin Any Better, Is There Any Online Doctors Or Anything I Cud Speak To 1st Before Going To My GP I Dont Want To Be A Burden Ir Waste His Time But Im Feeling Quite Down, Things Havnt Changed Stil Not Speaking To my Mum And Everyday Feels Like A Struggle, The Smallest Things Are Upsetting Me Everything Makes Me Want To Cry Im Just Feeling Lost In My Own Mind I Want To Get Back To Normal :banghead:
    Thanks x
  • Options
    i know it can be really scary going to the doctors, i was terrified before I went about feeling depressed and suicidal, but now I have been i am glad.

is there someone who can go with you, my best friend came along with me and that really helped.

you won't be a burden to them, it is there job to see people and they may beable to offer you some help and advice.
    Take care.:)
  • Options
    Hiya

Firstly, you will certainly not be wasting your doctor's time by going to see them, in fact I really think you should.... Do you think your boyfriend could come with you to the appointment? Or do you have another friend who knows what is going on? They could be there whilst you make the appointment, and even come in with you on the day... or if not just sit in the waiting room with you. Its really up to you if you want someone there.

I'm not sure how old you are, but there are a few organisations who have advisors who may be able to talk you through certain things. They're not healthcare professionals (so not really like an online doctor) but they may be able to put your mind at ease, and you may even find it helpful to talk to them about the other problems you're having.

There is an online chat run by childline here and connexions offer a similar service called adviser online, here.

All the best with things, let us know how you get on :)