Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how do u find out if someone is single...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
with out making it obvious,
cos i have no idea if this girl is single or not
i don't think she's taken but i don't wanna ask her out if she's got a bf

any advice would be much apprecitated,

just to let u know, i've looked on her face book and its says "H is married to G"
G is her best friend, and i know she's not a lesbian so thats that

Comments

• Options
    Well I usually get into convisation and then say something like "Have you got a boyfriend" no point in trying to get around with it. I would just come straight out with it. It is better that way.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Ask her whats shes doing this evening/over the weekend? Or times when people typically see their other halves.

Or just ask her but not straight out like 'are you seeing anyone right now?'
  • Options
    just to let u know, i've looked on her face book and its says "H is married to G"
    G is her best friend, and i know she's not a lesbian so thats that

lol, I never understand why people do this. But if she was in a relationship, I'm sure, like most people... she'd change her status to reflect her REAL relationship status.

Ask her friend G?
  • Options
    maybe, but i know G a well and she's a gossip
    so i may ask another of her friends
  • Options
    just ask her in idle conversation, its a fairly standard question i think along with whats your job / course, hobbies etc.
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    Ask her whats shes doing this evening/over the weekend? Or times when people typically see their other halves.

I tried that once and it didn't work cos they didn't mention them and I got my hopes up and then about two weeks later after more flirting they casually mentioned their other half and I was a bit pissed off. lol.

Yeah it's best to ask straight out, it doesn't have to sound 'obvious', just like a general conversation question.
  • Options
    "Are you seeing anyone right now?" - a bit direct innit? I ask routine questions like "what are you planning for holidays this year?" and they might say "ah, I'm going to Spain with my best friend in July." or "do you still live with parents?" and they might say "me and my boyfriend are renting a flat." Just normal social questions like that will eventually obtain their marital status.
  • Options
    tbf mate girls pick up on it anyway so you may aswell just come straight out with it, your getting straight to the point and it shows your interested. alternatively, ask their mate. just make sure if you do the former, prepare for the worst cause otherwise you might just freeze and then the conversation just goes awkward.
  • Options
    thanks for all the advice people
    I asked one of her friends last night and well it turns out she broke up with her long term bf recently, and is "seeing" someone
    what the hell does "seeing" someone mean? is it like their bf gf or is it just casual
  • Options
    "Seeing someone" is when it's not serious yet but if someone comes on to her that she's not interested in, she can refer to him as her 'boyfriend' just to put them off.
  • Options
    See also: fuck buddy.
  • Options
    stalk her.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    stalk her.

NO way, trust me OP, you don't want to get caught doing that...:nervous:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    See also: fuck buddy.
    Yes, this!
  • Options
    NO way, trust me OP, you don't want to get caught doing that...:nervous:

you speaking from experince glenn? :P

thanks guys and gals, i'm not gonna give up all hope on her but also i kinda understand that she might not become "avalible" when i still have feelings for her
    chalk it up to experience

but one thing, y the fuck does pretty much every girl i fall for always have a bf, like only 1 of them has been avalible and thats the one that i asked out and got with, the others i had to wait for(other 2 gf, not all of them)
  • Options
    Hello

Ask her about her weekend.............If she is taken she will prob mention her oh somewhere in the conversation. Also you avoid n e embarassment if she is taken!