Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Please help me :'( I just don't know what to do !

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, I'm new on here. My GP recomended I take a look.
I've never been a person who can accept help easily, but now, I know I need it, because I just want to get better !

I just don't know what to do. I'm 18, and found out I was asthmatic at 7. Ever since then its been really had for me, because my asthma is really bad.
For a year I have been taking the antidepressant citalopram. But now I am seriously depressed. I started self-harming and having psyhcological attacks. The last one, I wanted to hit my mum, I was punching myself, I even tried to jump of the balcony. And thats just not me !!!! The problem is, is that I don't remember doing it. I just feel I want to hurt myself. :banghead:
My GP is so nice and so understanding, I really really like her, and she's been helping me a lot, but when I get these impulses to hurt myself I just cant control it ! IT'S LIKE I EXPLODE :shocking:
I've had 3 seizures in the last month, and I don't know why !! I'm being tested for Epilepsy now too. !
It's just all too much ! I can't take it amymore !
I go to collage, which I love, because some day I hope to become a doctor ! And afterwards i just want to go home and shut myself in my room when my friends want to go shopping etc .. IM NOT NORMAL !

Someone please give me some advise, because I don't know what to do. I've seen a pshycatrist, and I'm now taking PROZAC and DIAZEPAM , as daily medication !
I just want this all to stop, as I have some really important exames in less than a month ! :crying:

Thank-you to anyone who can help :heart:

Comments

• Options
    No one's normal, dear. It's just that some of us are less normal than others.

What you've got to remember here is that you're not in control of these episodes, therefore, you really shouldn't blame yourself. You're not well. It's like blaming someone who has a cold for sneazing.

I'm not sure isolating yourself is the answer. You need all the support you can get from your friends and family.

Keep posting and take care.
  • Options
    Clover wrote: »
    IM NOT NORMAL !

Normal is an illusion. Most people fall into the category, yet each is suitably different to not be classes as "normal".

You aren't abnormal, nor is there anything wrong with you. You're just facing a series of problems that many, many other people have also faced. And by that definition, you're as normal as everyone else. :)
  • Options
    Hello Clover :wave:

First of all welcome to the site and thanks for sharing whats going on for you, you ve made a very brave first step, its not easy accepting we need help sometimes , so well done :thumb:

Its great you have an undersatnding GP, have you been able to speak with any one else? A friend or family member so you can have support around you all times of the day?

Theres a lot going on for you you may like to try working on one thing at a time,sometimes when theres a lot happening it can cloud how we thing and its too much for us to cope with.

You may not of had chance to look at the site but there are lots of information ,advice and tips in helping with stress and other factors.

You said you were feeling depressed have you spoken to your doctor, she may need to help by looking at the medication your taking? or offer some other form of therapy like counselling.

Its really positive that your loving college and thinking of your future becomimg a doctor, thats great to focus on.

Keep us posted take care:)
  • Options
    thank-you

Thank-you so much for understanding. :heart: