Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

weird lip thing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
You know how your lips get chapped... well it seems that has happened in the corner of my mouth... on the skin part, not on the lips. It happened maybe half a week/a week ago. It was sore, but that went away and now it is just red and the skin is peeling. I have no idea what caused it and it is not seeming to go away. I've put lotion on it, tried aloe as well. Any other ideas?

I feel so stupid :\ I look like a clown as well.

Comments

• Options
    I had that too, back in the days when I had UBER-dry lips. I have a little scar now there (in the corner of your mouth). In my case it was just torn, because of dryness, it could be an infection too, I don't know.
  • Options
    could it be an allergic reaction to something? i'd go to the gp so it doesnt flare up any worse
  • Options
    i get this allll the time. is it a cut at the corner of your mouth or is it just chapped now?

sometimes the only thing that gets rid of mine is antibiotics cream. but most of the time i just use blistex intensive moisturiser for lips and it gets rid of it, dont know if you have that in the US though.
  • Options
    i used to use carmex and the medicated blistex (in the blue tub) when i got these, i know carmex is for coldsores but i loved it and it worked :)

Oh and i know you can get both of those in America
  • Options
    thanks for that! Gotta go to the store anyhow today, maybe I'll pick up one of each of the suggestions ;)

Right now they are just really dry/chapped but it might have started out as cuts because it did hurt really bad when it started.