Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Goth? Emo? WHAT?!?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is making me angry.:banghead:
I am A very peculiar person, and i need help with my wardrobe. I like things that are "goth" and "emo" and i wear them both sometimes, but i also wear things that most people would call "preppy" and i don't even know it! :confused: Can you help me figure out what my "genre" of clothes is???

Comments

• Options
    you don't need a genre! :) just stick to what you like. tastes change over time anyway so just have fun with it
  • Options
    you don't need a genre! :) just stick to what you like. tastes change over time anyway so just have fun with it

Exactly, why do you need to fit into a genre? Just be yourself and wear what you want because you like it not because it fits into a stereotype
  • Options
    Just wear what you want and don't worry about fitting into any genre.
  • Options
    Yeah but how old is she? It's easy for us to say that now, but do you remember how important it was to have a 'genre' when you like 14?
  • Options
    I've never tried to fit into a particular style, I just wear what I think looks good. I don't think that's perculiar at all - the phases young people go through with clothing tend to be grown out of eventually anyway, so maybe you're just mature?
  • Options
    I'm gonna have to agree with what everyone else in this topic is saying.

There's absolutely no need to have a 'genre' of clothing.

I like clothing from all different genres whether it be goth, emo, preppy and even some chav clothes I think look alright, the only thing that matters is what you like and what you feel comfortable in, screw everyone else :).
  • Options
    ^Echo

I've never fitted into a 'style' cliché. In fact that's one of the very reasons I have some of the longstanding friends I do - we were all the same, and that difference from every other clique made us similar!

I don't really know what - if anything - my style is. I'd like more 'gothy' clothing for times when what I have to wear just doesn't work in pubs I'll go to, but I need someone familiar with that kind of style to help me find something that works!

At the end of the day (sorry to all who hate that phrase) if you're happy, that's all that matters.

The Prodigy are a hugely popular, massively successful band, but they've crossed and melded so many genres of music in their time that the only way to describe them is by their band name. Be unique, carve your own path, it can really work :D