Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fibre drinks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know what drinks are good to go with an increase in the intake of fibre?

I'm gonna start eating more Bran and stuff to help my digestive system and i know that you need to drink alot for it to be effective, but is there anything that will work other than water? Any fruit juices or teas that are high in fibre?

Comments

• Options
    There's some stuff called Fibre Sure that you can add to drinks/food which give you extra fibre. It's tasteless. This is it http://www.fibresure.co.uk/
  • Options
    If you have benefiber there, that one is good. Tasteless and dissolves.

If you have metamucil there... definatly do not get that one! It clumps into this weird jelly like substance when you mix it with water and its just wrong on so many levels.

Here is some high fiber fruits, vegis and other stuff
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/high-fiber-foods/nu00582

Insoluble fiber for poop and soluble for heart health.
  • Options
    I've been taking soluble fibre to try and stabilise my blood sugar levels and i have to say it has had a good effect so far! espically with the 11am 'snack time'.
  • Options
    This shiznit should do it - plenty of fibre and tastes gorgeous. It's great as a drinks mixer too :-) Supermarkets do their own versions.

3186565016_c770115d6b.jpg
  • Options
    High fiber foods are sold in many different forms today, and the best way to ingest fiber is to eat raw fruits and vegetables. The challenge, though, is how to eat 25-35 grams of fiber in five servings of raw fruits and vegetables every day.

Fortunately, you don't have to consume mass quantities of plants to achieve the results that high fiber foods can offer for keeping your digestive system running smoothly. There are now some fiber drinks available in natural, tasty shakes that you can mix with water or other liquids for all the essential vitamins, minerals and complex carbohydrates you need. Throw in a few frozen banana pieces or berries to mix with the powdered shakes and you are quickly on your way to the fiber and nutrients you need each day. Best of all, the shakes taste good and contain FOS, fructooligasacharides, a pro biotic soluble fiber found in foods like garlic, onions or barley. Who wants to have garlic or onions for breakfast when it's easier to have a quick, tasty shake made with real strawberries or cocoa? That makes it so easy to get more essential fiber, complex carbohydrates and natural antioxidants for breakfast than most people get all day.

Drinking diet sodas or high fructose, high caffeine and high sugar energy drinks to get fit is like lifting 12 oz cans of beer to build muscle up. Those types of drinks only tear your body down, while health drinks made from all natural ingredients give your body the nutrients it is crying out for to keep going strong.