Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Just thought I'd post an update..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    I'm really glad things are looking up. I hope the anti-depressents work out for you. I've found that it's good just to view them as a 'mood regulator' rather than anything else. It's good you seem to have found someone decent to talk to too :)
  • Options
    Try not to think about suffering again with depression as being a failure. Past events influence future events but no matter what happened then, it doesn't mean the same thing will happen this time. Take the ADs, search for any help you can get professionally, and I hope it all works out for you.
  • Options
    Hey girl_afraid, it's great to hear from you and to hear things are looking up. As clementine says, it's really good news you've found someone you feel at ease talking to and actually get along with too. It should make going to the appointments a lot easier. Good luck with the next one and let us know how you get on :)
  • Options
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    Try not to think about suffering again with depression as being a failure. Past events influence future events but no matter what happened then, it doesn't mean the same thing will happen this time. Take the ADs, search for any help you can get professionally, and I hope it all works out for you.

:yes:

I also think it helps to think of depression as a disease. Don't say 'I am depressed', say 'I have depression', the way you would have a cold. And yeah, you might have another cold in the future, but it's curable and it's temporary and it doesn't define you.

And if it doesn't define you, it can't possibly make you a failure.
  • Options
    Hi people,

I sent this to twisted trinity yesterday but I've also decided to post it here as it may be benefical to other people.

Anyway although this isn't my own cup of tea www.livinglifetothefull.com is an online course which uses the CBT model. It was recommended by someone who works within the nhs and it's free to register and complete. So if anyone wants to register and just have a nose then they certainly won't lose anything by doing so.

You can pick and choose which modules interest you, and these include-
    Overcoming reduced activity
    Practical problem solving
    Being assertive
    Changing unhelpful behaviours
    Identifying unhelpful thinking
    Changing unhelpful thinking
    Exercise and healthy living
    Sleeping better
    Staying well
    Anxiety control 1
    Anxiety control 2
  • Options
    Good post! Very helpful and interesting resource.
  • Options
    Will give it a look! Thanks :)
  • Options
    Hey, young lady. Great to see you're still visiting, and I wish you the best of luck with your journey. :)
  • Options
  • Options
    Younger than I, therefore you are a young lady. :)