Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I want a writing buddy!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I want someone with whom I can share my ideas, and while being critical will not be judgemental. We could maybe send a piece to eachother to critique once every few weeks... How about it?

Comments

• Options
    talia wrote: »
    I want someone with whom I can share my ideas, and while being critical will not be judgemental. We could maybe send a piece to eachother to critique once every few weeks... How about it?

What kind of writing were you thinking about doing?
  • Options
    Creative... Short stories and the occasional poem... see what I have already uploaded here... and that no one has been bothered to read.
  • Options
    Places like Gumtree might be worth looking at too. Sift through all the weirdos and you might find what you're after.
  • Options
    I'd be glad to help you out after my exams :). Would be a good motivation to get me writing again too.
  • Options
    unfortunately i live in spain.
  • Options
    talia wrote: »
    unfortunately i live in spain.

You can still use Gumtree from Spain to find someone to correspond with via email, I'm sure. I think it's a good suggestion, Gumtree's helpful for all sorts of stuff from band members to cars to pets to dating...I'm sure if you posted something up on the Edinburgh Gumtree site, for example, in the Activities and Hobbies of Friends Only section, you'd get some responses. Give it a try :)
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    :wave: If you look at the number of views on your threads you'll see that people do read them, but I guess maybe don't have time to spend giving proper critique. It would be cool to build that up on here though.

I really like the way your most recent poem is written - although it slightly jars for me because I've often read that sleeping in the opposite direction is a really positive thing for couples, especially if your bums are touching lol "bonded sexually but value your independence" kinda thing. :)
  • Options
    You know you can make money with your writing skills?

I payout at least £100 a month for people to write articles for me, maybe you should put your hobby to good use.
  • Options
    have you tried fictionpress.net? I've posted some stuff up there (way back when i used to write properly) and have had some good reviews. Whilst it wouldn't be as regular as a writing buddy, it's still a good way for feedback.