Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Skin that won't tan.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
To all my Skin type 1 people who could be perfectly camouflage'd when lying naked in the snow:

I am looking for ways to get natural tan and I was wondering if there is some kind of product that does it in a natural way, like an 'ointment' to animate your skin-cells, so they respond to the sun in any other way then getting red like a lobster.

I do not look for fake tan or something, because imho it's just stupid to use it, as it looks unnatural and artificial etc.
Moreoever are sunbeds not an option either. Not paying for my UV-ray dose if the sun is offering it for free. (moreoever did I try out a sunbed like 2 or 3 years ago and all I had was a sunburn to explain in the middle of winter).

I was on graduation journey after grammar school for 2 weeks in turkey, everyday around 6 hours in the blistering heat and my father thought I lived in a cave when coming back home.

In summer (thanks student-being) I have 3 months of holidays and usually spend every day couple of hours in the sun, but just won't get a lot of tan (a bit, as you can see the difference between lower back and ass), but still light to a degree that people get blinded when looking directly at me, when I am lying in the sun.

So, where are you peeps, who are clued in nowadays cosmetics and those who are keeping track of the newest skin/health/cosmetic products.
Is there a cream or something that makes you go tan in the sun??

Comments

• Options
    God if there was something that would let white bits tan I would do it straight away... my shoulders/arms/back tan gorgeously but my legs just don't get it...

I did speak to a beauty therapist about it once and they did say that it is to do with the melonin(?) in your skin, apparently if you are white and don't tan, the chances are that won't change...
  • Options
    I'm not sure but I have the same sort of skin it's a nightmare in the summer. I think the only route would be a light fake tan if your brave enough to try it. As Splodgey says the reason we don't tan is due to a lack of melanin in the skin (I think).

http://www.sunless.com/choosing/skintype.php

dont know if that site helps, it explains skin types and some sunless ideas to try.
  • Options
    Back in the olden days, it wasn't sexy or fashionable to have a tan. Pale people were considered better looking because they were more wealthy and upper class, due to not doing manual labour in the sun. If you had a tan, you were thought of as peasant scum.
    Maybe the love for pale skin will come back someday...
  • Options
    Splodgey wrote: »
    I did speak to a beauty therapist about it once and they did say that it is to do with the melonin(?) in your skin, apparently if you are white and don't tan, the chances are that won't change...

:yes: There's not much you can do to increase the melonin levels in your skin, the best thing to do is to apply a good suncream so you don't burn and achieve any colour you can.
  • Options
    I dont tan that well in the sun either mate but i've been on sunbeds and it works really well. Just make sure to take the advice of the people working there, use some tan accelerating cream and dont go on for too long until your body gets used to it
  • Options
    Nikki* wrote: »
    :yes: There's not much you can do to increase the melonin levels in your skin, the best thing to do is to apply a good suncream so you don't burn and achieve any colour you can.

Wrong!!

It depends just how much you want a tan mate, but this stuff is the bollocks. It's called Melanotan II -

http://www.melanocorpuk.com/

Only downside is you have to inject it. It's a sub-q shot so you can just do it in the skin of your stomach, its basically painless..

Might be a bit hardcore though.. but the results are superb, I've seen a lot of people who've used it (including people who CANT tan)
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Back in the olden days, it wasn't sexy or fashionable to have a tan. Pale people were considered better looking because they were more wealthy and upper class, due to not doing manual labour in the sun. If you had a tan, you were thought of as peasant scum.
    Maybe the love for pale skin will come back someday...

yea, someday, but in the meantime I don't want to be called "whitey" at the skatepark, and turn from a polarbear to a fox when in the sun (I even have a light sunburn already, from being in the sun for ~1-2 hours topless)

:(
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    yea, someday, but in the meantime I don't want to be called "whitey" at the skatepark, and turn from a polarbear to a fox when in the sun (I even have a light sunburn already, from being in the sun for ~1-2 hours topless)

:(

It isn't good to have sunburn from that amount of exposure and you really should consider covering up and putting suncream on even in lightly sunny conditions. The risks of too much sun exposure far outweigh the benefits of a golden tan.

Lecture over :p
  • Options
    I am pretty pale and in the sun just freckle and eventually go a little bit brown, but it's hard work.

I just wanted to warn everyone to wear sun protection and cover up. I have been really suffering the last few days due to too much sun exposure. I went out to an island on Friday and went for a walk. I ran out of water and couldn't find anywhere to buy any. There was no shade and I wasn't wearing sun cream (I'm stupid..but I wasn't expecting 32C heat in May). I wasn't badly burned as I was wearing long trousers and a 3/4 length top, but I have never felt so sick from the sun. I have been feeling dizzy, sick and exhausted ever since. My skin is hot to the touch and think I've been suffering from mild sunstroke. It's really not worth it. It's better to be pale!
  • Options
    Old thread revived by spam.
  • Options
    From someone with one post, presumably linked to the company, I'd be reluctant to take information on something potentially very dangerous.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Old thread revived by spam.

Cheers - posts deleted.
This discussion has been closed.