Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

H&M quality

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I see a lot of people on here suggest H&M for things so I assume some people wear them. How is the quality of it over there? I bought two shirts a while ago, never shopped there before... and they were cheap, looked and felt cheap so I didn't expect too much, but after 2 wears one shirt is coming undone at the seams in the neckline and the other shirt, worn only a couple times more has these holes all over in it! That doesn't happen with any other clothes, so I don't have moths :p

Is this common?

I hope the company will do something for me, thats unacceptable :\

Comments

• Options
    It's just average quality imo really. I've had shirts from there as well that have fallen apart but then ive also had a couple of t-shirts that i still wear now around a year after buying them, so i think it's just pot luck as to how good stuff is.
  • Options
    most of my clothes come from H&M and i've never had that happen
    1 guy i no has had a t-shirt fall apart once but thats all i've ever heard about the quality being bad, for me its all been good, not felt cheap and AWESOME :D
  • Options
    There stuff has been fine for me. What the hell are you doing to make them "fall apart" :p
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote: »
    What the hell are you doing to make them "fall apart" :p

I often wonder that when people talk about the quality of clothes. I have never had any item of clothing, even extremely cheap and shitty stuff, fall apart. Not ever. Am i doing something wrong?

Anyhoo, I find H&M pretty good quality. I've got stuff from there that I've been wearing for about ten years and it's still ok :)
  • Options
    Olive wrote: »
    Am i doing something wrong?

Probably not drinking enough ;)
  • Options
    I've got a jacket, a couple of jumpers and 2 pairs of trousers and had no problems with them at all.
  • Options
    the only thing i find with H&M is the standard tshirts are quite poor quality, they're really thin and i find they shrink dead easily. i was going through my wardrobe the other day and ended up throwing about 4 H&M tshirts away that are just a little bit short. apart from that everything else iv had has been okay.
  • Options
    I wear mainly Primark and nothing I've bought from there has fallen apart. So what they say about cheap clothes isn't always true.
  • Options
    I've only had a shirt from H&M. That was about 6 years ago, but I only got rid of it last year (when it finally realised that I used to weigh about 9 stone and had gone up to 12, and didn't fit me any more ;))

It was possibly the best-made shirt I've ever owned. Can't speak for anything other than that shirt though! Some of the stuff I've seen in there has been downright tatty.
  • Options
    Funny. I wonder how I got shafted on both of the only things I've got there and nobody else seems to have a problem. Perhaps they just send the shitty stuff that gets rejected this way :p

And ok, so they didn't "fall apart" but loosening seams shouldn't happen. Just train those children a bit more ;) and the other shirt... well those little white dots are holes... thats the weirdest thing I've ever seen. I don't recall doing my laundry with sandpaper and pins.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/aname/HPIM0030.jpg