Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

New Star Trek

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Geek alert!

So whos going to go see the new Star Trek?

I've never really followed Star Trek before but i think this film looks really good. I think the fact its all about how it started appeals to me more then just a bog standard Star Trek film, which were pretty shite.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I'd like to see it.

Is it about how it all started though or a next generation film?
  • Options
    It's about how it started,
    I am a self-confessed Star Trek geek. Not to the extent where I dress up or talk about it amongst normal people, but I do enjoy the TV shows and films.

So, I can't wait to see this one.
  • Options
    I generally hate anything star trek but i reckon this film will be worth watching..its got sylar in! :hyper:
  • Options
    Fuck Star Trek.

*Ignites lightsaber and returns to his star wars video games...*
  • Options
    I'm worried that they chose a director that didn't like the original series...
  • Options
    Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    I'm very interested in seeing it! It's got lots of potential to be a cracker :)
  • Options
    Nothing geeky about it; a shitload of people I know who aren't even big into sci-fi, nevermind Star Trek, are desperate to see it.

But yeah, cannot wait.
  • Options
    :heart: :hyper:
  • Options
    Oh yeah, definitely wanna see this :D
  • Options
    saw it yesterday

it was great! :hyper: . . im not going to elaborate!!

best film ive seen in ages!! .. though im a self confessed sci-fi and star trek fan so im a bit biased!

i also found myself attracted to spok thoughout the whole film - funny ears and eyebrows n all. mmm vulcans :yum:
  • Options
    The boyfriend is going to see this tonight, bought tickets for the Imax even. He was all excited. Dork, I don't know him :p I asked where his outfit was, if he was dressing up to see the movie. Didn't find that one vey funny (probably cuz the costume was in his car already, ha)
  • Options
    God i really wanna see this asap. Everyone i've spoken to has said it was awesome.
  • Options
    I've came across many pictures of a scene in a specific star trek movie where you see kirk and spock on the opposite side of a glass wall and spock makes his vulcanic greeting (as a farewell I think) and it's supposed to be the saddest thing after a baby seal getting clubbed to death. I asked a friend what's it about and he was flabbergasted that I do not know this milestone of cinema history.

:(
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    I've came across many pictures of a scene in a specific star trek movie where you see kirk and spock on the opposite side of a glass wall and spock makes his vulcanic greeting (as a farewell I think) and it's supposed to be the saddest thing after a baby seal getting clubbed to death. I asked a friend what's it about and he was flabbergasted that I do not know this milestone of cinema history.

:(

KHAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

Can't wait to see the new movie
  • Options
    Hopefully will go in a couple of weeks with a fellow geeky friend :D
    REALLY looking forward to seeing this now moreso than before it was released :)
  • Options
    I saw it today. I was very impressed with the effects and the story was alright. Apparently there's been a bit of debate about whether the film is compatible with the Star Trek canon or not, but to be honest I don't really care either way as it was enjoyable in its own right. Check out the Onion's response to the detractors. :)