Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

just for women

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
re mens jobs

just like to know would you date a man who has a driving job? eg- coach/truck

if not why

Comments

• Options
    Yea i probably would.

Both my relationships so far have been long distance so I could cope with not seeing him very often. Dont see any other reason why not
  • Options
    I dont know, i've never been in a long distance relationship, but i will soon find out in spetmeber what they are like!
    why, have you got a boyfriend that has a driving job? otherwise this is very random :p
  • Options
    ok lol:p im a guy, but the question was for women as im a driver and i find it hard to find women who understand my career it seems to scare them off.:wave: think i worded it wrong lol
  • Options
    oh dear! im sorry for the mix up! :p
    how long are you away for at a time?
  • Options
    I was in a LDR for over 2 years but don't think I could do it again unless it was serious/I felt strongly enough to go through with it again (I wasn't the one who ended it).
  • Options
    well it all depends really, at present as a coach driver i do tours now and then which could be all week or 10 days uk or abroad and i prob only do it because im single and get bored at home looking at 4 walls, but i prob could change it to day work if needed but not continuois as work changes
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote: »
    I was in a LDR for over 2 years but don't think I could do it again unless it was serious/I felt strongly enough to go through with it again (I wasn't the one who ended it).

it takes a good relationship for things to last, my ex couldnt take it so we split, mind she was a bit clingy, didnt like me being away at all so i need someone who understands.
  • Options
    Personally, i think it would take alot of balls to get in to a LDR without the build up to it i.e couple have been together a year and one of them is going to uni soon. i think its quite a commitment to jump in it straight away without having time to build up the honesty, trust and well, you need strength in yourself for it to work aswell.

Maybe when you meet someone that takes your fancy, change your shifts to day trips then it gives you the chance to build on your relationship before you go back into the routein of 10 day tours and such.
  • Options
    well ill keep looking