Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Some help......?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all - Anyone online at the mo for a chat about a few things? Struggling very much right now with the possible end of my relationship :crying:

Comments

• Options
    Not an easy time for me at the moment and no one else really to talk to about this. So if there is anyone around I would appreicate it.
  • Options
    Hey dude ... write your problems up and post them, then I am sure someone will be able to help shortly. :)
  • Options
    24 year old here and have been in a relationship near on three years with a girl I love to bits. About 6 or 7 weeks a go she told me she wanted a bit of space to think about things. My first reaction was thinking that there was something wrong I tried to solve the problem by talking to her, seeing her and not giving her that space.

Things seemed to get a little better and last weekend we saw each other and had what I thought was three good nights together. She lives a two hour drive for me, I drive I had been making every weekend for the three years.

Then the following day she sent me a text message saying that it was over. I tried to respond to talk to her and find out why and put my side across to her. Her phone was off for the rest of the night and the next day. Because my head was in such a mess, I drove down to see her the following day. I managed to talk to her for about 15 minutes before I headed back home again. She said that she still wanted space from me, but didn't give an indication as to if we still had a chance.

I then sent her a text and said I would leave her until Sunday. It has been so hard, because we always used to talk all the time etc... But it is now Sunday morning. I haven't text or tried to call her since and I haven't heard anything from her. I plan to text her this afternoon to ask her how she is etc... and see if I have the chance to talk to her.

The problem is - I don't want this relationship to end, I know we can still be good together. I have so much to say to her and I'm just so scared that I will text her today and she either won't reply or will say she doesn't want to talk to me. Then I just won't know what to do in that situation. Any advice would be great.
  • Options
    I hope everything will turn out ok. Will hope for the best.
  • Options
    Sent her the text abut an hour a go. No reply yet, I just don't know what to do if she doesn't reply or if she says she still doesn't want to talk??
  • Options
    Hey LondonGuy,

How are you doing? Giving people space can be a really hard thing to do and you've done so well to stick to your word and not contact her until today. If she doesn't reply maybe she's just not ready to have that conversation that you understandably really want to have. If you can bare to hold out for a bit longer, she may well come to you when she is ready and will respect you for being so understanding.

3 years is a long time and whatever she's going through that's made her need this distance I hope that when the time is right she will be able to talk things through. Maybe you could try going out for a walk or meeting up with a friend, something to distract you might help?

Take care :)
  • Options
    I am trying to get out and keep my mind off things. Travelled to see my friend at university yesterday, it was going well until it started getting to the evening. The thought of not being able to sleep in an unfamiliar place with all the thoughts in my mind meant I had to leave his on the same day and come back home.

I do plan to TRY and leave her a little longer if she doesn't reply today. It is just so hard not knowing what she wants, if she will talk to me again and if so when she does plan on talking to me.

I am taking into consideration her feelings by giving her the space she asked for, I told her that I would text her on Sunday which I have done. I hope she can see that my feelings are really hurt too, i'm finding it really hard without her and just need her to let me know what is happening, even if in the long run it is what I don't want to hear.