Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

what do you think ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm 14, and it seems like at my age, everyone who's going out with someone, says they love them.
i don't understand how it's possible to know love at this age,
maybe i'm being silly, but i just don't get it. :chin:

when was your first real love ? :heart:

Comments

• Options
    When you feel like you're in love, you think you understand it.
    Then after it's spit you out the other side, you look at things in the cold light of day and realise that maybe that's not what love is all about.

Then the next time, you learn a little more.

I think "love" is such a subjective term you can't really say it's impossible to know it at a young age, but I think you can't appreciate it fully until you've been burned a few times.

My first love was when I was 18. At the time I thought it was the most incredible thing ever. Then she broke my heart and surgically disassembled the person I was, took a long time to get over it, but it's all a learning process!
  • Options
    Every love is your first love, because it's always different. I always believed I was in love with the guy I was with at 14 and then I was in love with my best friend, then I was in love with the guy before my current boyfriend, and now two and a half years later I'm still in love with him. When I was with no3 I told myself that I never loved the first guy (I know I loved the second one and I still have twinges even though nothing will ever happen) and then when I started going out with my current boyfriend it was so different that I thought none of it had been 'love'.

BUT now I realised that I was 'in love' with all of them. Even at fourteen. Just because you're young and yeh, maybe slightly naive, doesn't mean the feeling can't exist, but it just means that the reality is that you probably won't be together forever like you think. Doesn't make it not love.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    Every love is your first love, because it's always different. I always believed I was in love with the guy I was with at 14 and then I was in love with my best friend, then I was in love with the guy before my current boyfriend, and now two and a half years later I'm still in love with him. When I was with no3 I told myself that I never loved the first guy (I know I loved the second one and I still have twinges even though nothing will ever happen) and then when I started going out with my current boyfriend it was so different that I thought none of it had been 'love'.

BUT now I realised that I was 'in love' with all of them. Even at fourteen. Just because you're young and yeh, maybe slightly naive, doesn't mean the feeling can't exist, but it just means that the reality is that you probably won't be together forever like you think. Doesn't make it not love.

Well said kudos for you.
  • Options
    eeee. wrote: »
    i'm 14, and it seems like at my age, everyone who's going out with someone, says they love them.
    i don't understand how it's possible to know love at this age,
    maybe i'm being silly, but i just don't get it. :chin:

when was your first real love ? :heart:

hey eeeee. I love you.

see, I said it. Do you think it's true? I loved a girl too when i was 14, but then again I loved my toothpaste because it was so minty and i loved my Cartman slippers they were rad and I loved my teddy too. 3 words that come rather quickly over the lips.

Usual is nothing. Some people go out with someone at 14, some have their first 'date' with 16, 17 oder 18.

When you are older (sorry if I sound condescending) you will learn that 90% of the relationships of 14 year olds really mean nothing much.

About my first love. I don't really know where the line between infatuation and love is. I think I really loved someone with 20, then again I only knew her seven days in total in person. So I dunno if I was ever in love. I know, that I was crazy about a girl in elementary school already.
  • Options
    Well, playground romances are nothing compared to the big, bad grown-up world of course. I don't think I properly fell in love 'til I I was about 19. Anything else before that was rather petty to say the least.
  • Options
    You are right. When you're 14 you only have a vague concept of what love really is. Maybe when I was 21.