Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Uncomfortable with my weight

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im 19, 5foot5 and im 12 stone. To be honest the weight just crept on over a long time, i used to weigh 10stone, which i was happy enough with. i wna try adios slimming pills- just as a kick-start to weight loss.

iv changedmy diet- low cal etc and started doing exercise for a while now, but there doesn't seem to be any results! i dont really know how fast they work or what the story is with them, but im kinda getting desperate!

Comments

• Options
    How long has it been since you changed your diet and started exercising regularly?
  • Options
    There shite if you look at the ingrediant there same as water tablets practicaly i tryed them didnt work best way is excatly wot youre doing .
    I 5ft 2 and 13st 10 im hi muscle mass im happy +my dr is
  • Options
    Old thread is old.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Franki wrote: »
    Old thread is old.

True, so I'll split it to make a new one. :)
  • Options
    Gracieee wrote: »
    im 19, 5foot5 and im 12 stone. To be honest the weight just crept on over a long time, i used to weigh 10stone, which i was happy enough with. i wna try adios slimming pills- just as a kick-start to weight loss.

iv changedmy diet- low cal etc and started doing exercise for a while now, but there doesn't seem to be any results! i dont really know how fast they work or what the story is with them, but im kinda getting desperate!

Have you actually had your weight and diet assessed by a professional? There could be something glaringly obvious in your lifestyle that is limiting what you hope to see in your weightloss results. Depending on diet pills is probably not the best, or safest way, to go. If they were so wonderful, everyone would be popping them like Smarties.

Remember too, that weight loss 'plateaus'. Dieters often see their weight seemingly drop off and then stay frustratingly stable for a number of weeks. You just need to keep up with the sensible diet and exercise while your body readjusts itself to its new regime before it starts to burn up more fat again.
  • Options
    Also, it could be something to do with growing up! Did your weight gain start around the age of 16 or something?
    I dunno about how that works, but between the ages of 16 and 20 I went from 7 and a half stone to 9 stone.

How was your diet before you started your low cal intake? Sometimes our eating habits can effect our metabolism.
  • Options
    i haven't yet found a diet pill that works and i've tried most things you can buy. The only thing that works for me is low fat low calorie eating and plenty of exercise. i'm seriously considering gastric banding but don't have the money.

have you tried a group like weight watchers, Rosemary Conley or slimming world?
  • Options
    I found exercising on an empty stomach first thing in the morning best. It forces your body to burn the fat around the middle, as there is no food in your stomach. ( just have a glass of water before exercising).
    The thing about food is that you would be surprised at just how LITTLE food we all need to survive, and what annoys me is how portions have grown way out of control! Weight Watchers have a very good guide at portion size, you should consider joining them. My Brother lost 3 stone with WW. I personally use NO salt on anything, watch my portions & try to limit junk, & I find my weight has stabilised around 9 and a half stone in the last few years (i'm 5 foot 6). Good luck & keep it up!
  • Options
    NavyBlue wrote: »
    I found exercising on an empty stomach first thing in the morning best. It forces your body to burn the fat around the middle, as there is no food in your stomach. ( just have a glass of water before exercising).
    The thing about food is that you would be surprised at just how LITTLE food we all need to survive, and what annoys me is how portions have grown way out of control! Weight Watchers have a very good guide at portion size, you should consider joining them. My Brother lost 3 stone with WW. I personally use NO salt on anything, watch my portions & try to limit junk, & I find my weight has stabilised around 9 and a half stone in the last few years (i'm 5 foot 6). Good luck & keep it up!

Never, ever, do extreme excerise without any food.
    I passed out. Don't do it.
  • Options
    I was talking about a half an hour moderate walking not anything strenous!
  • Options
    Adios ae rubbish, all diet pills you can buy in the shops are rubbish. Trust me I have pretty much had them all :rolleyes:

All you need to do is change your eating habits for the better and start to exercise. How about trying weight watchers? I like them and the plans are really easy to follow and you do see results :yes: Same with slimming world!

But don't buy diet pills they are a complete waste of money honestly and don;t look on the net for them as they can contain all sorts! I tried ones with anphetamine in and I actually felt like I was having a heart attack and in the long run do alot of damage. Just do it the healthy way, it may take a while but it's the best way to do it!
  • Options
    I know this is abit random, but my weight crept up like yours and exercise and diet change did nothing and then i was diagnosed with PCOS.
    polycystic ovaries. you can find out alot more about it on the net. i would go to your drs.
    xx