Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

aah!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
this is quite embarrassing but,
i was drying off after a shower this morning
and i noticed i have stretch marks on my bum ! :nervous:
i'm a 14 year old girl, and to be honest, quite slim
and i know stretch marks are normal,
but on my bum ?? :confused:
i don't know how long i've had them because
well, i haven't seen my bum in a while :rolleyes: haha

i'm definitely using bio oil from now on!
can anyone tell me why i have them
and how i could get rid of them?
i'm kinda dreading the beach in summer :(

Comments

• Options
    I got them about that age as I grew tall quite quickly..I wouldn't worry as mine have faded quite alot and you really can't see them. No one will notice honestly. But yeah Bio oil is quite good to help them fade :)
  • Options
    thank you !! :)
  • Options
    Loads of people get stretch marks - they just occur through periods of growth when your body shape changes. They usually start off pinky-purpley in colour but fade down to a silvery-skin colour and eventually are not very noticeable. Moisturising can help. You can't actually get rid of them though.

Try not to worry about them - they are perfectly natural, normal and although you might not like them at first they are part of you and it would be better to accept them than to worry about them :) heh I went a bit hippyish then :D
  • Options
    sneer wrote: »
    they are part of you and it would be better to accept them than to worry about them :)

good point,
    i should listen to my own advice -i'm always saying that to my friends hahaa :p
  • Options
    Stretch marks are part of being a woman, a very large majority of women have them, especially if they have had children. It's just something you have to accept, no one will think you're ugly or unattractive as they are so common. Next time you go swimming, have a look at other women and you will see. Yours are probably hardly noticeable compared to some.
  • Options
    Post some photos and we can let you know if they look normal or not.

I'm just kidding :p, but I've got stretch marks on my bum too (am a guy) but they definitely fade / go away over time.
  • Options
    Yea I've had a few before as well, mainly whilst i was still growing. Now i've stopped they've faded
  • Options
    Boys get them too! Its definitely not just a girl thing :)
  • Options
    the best thing for stretch marks is cocoa butter moisturizer, 'tis what the pregnant people use to stop them developing, and it helps them fade. I got paranoid about mine and used it - really does help.:thumb:
  • Options
    sneer wrote: »
    Boys get them too! Its definitely not just a girl thing :)

:yes:

I think pretty much everyone has some, to some extent. I've got them all over the shop, but they've faded so much you can't even see them unless you look really close. Not something to worry about :)
  • Options
    I'm got ones going down my hips, they kinda make me look like a zebra hehe
  • Options
    Hye :) i have them too! they will get lighter, but if youre really worried tanning always gives me a bit fo extra confidence :)
    fake though - sunbeds are bad for you!
    xx