Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

help please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey all
I have pretty much no confidence with girls i like
the fact of the matter is, i'm scared of rejection,
I'm okay with talking to them and hanging out with them but when it comes to girls that i wanna ask out and actually doing that i just freeze up:banghead:

i just have no idea what i can do, i've had girlfriends, but its always because they've been the one to ask me out

Any way, what i'm trying to ask is does anyone have any advice because i've met a girl and i really really like her, and i think she may like me as well
I just wanna let her know how i feel at least
does anyone have any advice on how to gain some confindence with girls??
thanks all
curly

Comments

• Options
    Be yourself relax have you been hurt in the past ?
  • Options
    yeah
    the first couple of times i asked someone out they rejected me but i was fine with that, it was there choice
    but i think what hurt the most was that my first girlfriend cheated on me about 3 times during our relastionship and i found out after we split up which screwed me up for a while but that was about 3 years ago
  • Options
    There isn't any easy way of getting confidence, but if you try and act confident everyone thinks you are, they respond to it, and you end up confident.

I think what you're really asking is 'how the hell do I ask her out?' That's a bit easier. Don't go piling in promising marriage and babies, just ask her if she fancies going to the pictures/bowling/pizza place/Maldives with you. Don't go in trying to make it sound like a big date, as if she's quite shy too you could scare her off. Take it easy, be yourself and if she's into you then it should work out.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    just ask her if she fancies going to the pictures/bowling/pizza place/Maldives with you. Don't go in trying to make it sound like a big date, as if she's quite shy too you could scare her off. Take it easy, be yourself and if she's into you then it should work out.
    :yes: :yes:

if it was me [and if i was a lad :) ] i'd try to be friends with her first so you feel comfortable around each other. find out what films/food/music she likes, and if there's a film you both want to see or something, you could say something like 'well, i was thinking of seeing it this weekend, you could come with me?' then if she says no or she's busy, just smile and don't get too worked up about it because she's your friend, and she knows you're interested so if she wants to see a film or whatever with you, she knows you'll want to.
    -i thought of this, because this is what a couple of lads have done with me in the past.. it worked :D

hope this helped, and good luck !:thumb:
  • Options
    Don't get too friendly though, otherwise she'll never see you as anything other than a friend!
  • Options
    All you need to do is be yourself with her, and like the others have said keep it friendly but not too friendly and ask her out to the cinema etc.

I got all that from Thesite, and it worked for me :)