Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

help?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im in a relationship and had unprotected sex and never thought anything of it, stupid i know. Then had unprotected sex again and my boyfriend was really worried and suggested the morning after pill so i went and got it on the third and last day and my period was never coming and i still hadn't had my period from the first time. My period was 9 days late and has came but only lasted 3 days, weird. When taking the morning after pill the pharmacist told me i had to visit my doctor 2/3 weeks after taking it due to the timing of taking the pill and the 58% that the pill would be effective? i really haven't been myself lately and the 2 weeks are up this week for visiting the doctor? do i have anything to worry about? is it my next period i should be watching for?

any comments would be muchly appreciated, thank you.

xxxxx:confused::)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    go and see the doctor.
    do what the pharmacist says- see the doc.
    if nothing else it will put your mind at rest/ let you know what your options are before it's too late, depending on the outcome. :)
    so i'm updating from the last time i wrote that question as i'm still worried and unsure about what's going on any advice, PLEASE? it's now the 11th of april and well my period's due in a couple of days? i think but i'm just not myself, i can barely eat.. i've gone off of things? tender breasts, stomach pains and i know this is jumping a bit but my stomach's changed. i'm normally a size 8, flat tummy and this past week? my bellys got bigger, it's worrying and noticeable, this is only 6 weeks since i had unprotected sex and the other time just 4 weeks and i went to the doctor like you guys above in the replies said and he really was no use? he just said because i've had a negative test to take another one and see what the outcome is? HELP PLEASE..
    scared :(
    I think the next step is doing a test.
    You say that your period is due in a couple of days, well it just sounds like the changes that happen sometimes before then i.e. tender breasts, feeling bloated etc.

In such a short space of time, if pregnant, you're not going to have any sort of bump. It all likelihood as I said above, you're tummy is just a little bloated.

If you're still worried in a few days time then as suggested take another test.

Also, consider this a lesson learnt. Taking the MAP doesn't do your body any good, so use protection next time.
    Dear you.......have you been to see your practice nurse or doctor......the MAP can delay your next period, as can your current worrying....and cause pain in your tummy and your breast......go and see your practice nurse or any sex health clinic....they can help and advise you.......try not to worry too much, we will always worry about what we ont now about.....and ofcourse this is a pretty worrying time for you.

No matter what the outcome, do pop and see your practice nurse - just get a well check........unprotected sex is not the best....but I can symapthise...
    You might also want to think about visiting the GUM clinic as you have had unprotected sex and could of picked up an infection. Even if you have no symptoms its always worth going.