Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Trust issues

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well,I met this girl in a club a few weeks ago and we kind of got together.
She says she really likes me,when I go round she doesnt want me to go and is really affectionate but when Im at work she doesnt really text me at all.
So I get all paranoid thinking "well,shes obviously not that into me" even though some of the texts she sent me say the total opposite.
Also,she used to be a bit of a player,pulling a lot when she went out.Now I have no problem with that cos I was the same but friday night I do feel a bit suspicious about her.
She text me about midnight asking if I wanted to make us official and when I said yes she said Id made her night.
But when She was out she lost her female friend and was left with "some guy called dave".....Who apparently a mate.
She says nothing happened but when I was round sunday she seemed a bit fidgety and kept playing with her fingers.That guilty kind of fidget that kids make...I think.She said nothing happened and that after making us two official there was no way she was gonna get with another guy but...
I dont want to be the type of guy who is always worrying about what shes doing and who shes with but I also dont want to be fucked around like a dick behind my back.
Im really struggling to find any trust for her at the moment,but I do like her more than any other girls Ive been with in a while.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Id say just learn to trust her no matter who shes with.. if she says shes out with MATES then leave it that, but if she is dicking you around then you can at least say to yourself that your the more mature one and dont fuck with peoples feelings.

She wouldnt deserve you if she did that.
    Maybe she doesn't text you at work cos she doesn't want to bother you when you're busy? I used to be the same when I first started going out with my fiance - didn't want to come across as clingy!

As far as the dicking you around goes I agree with the above poster that you should give her the benefit of the doubt and try to trust her. Being a little fidgety is hardly concrete evidence that she's been up to no good, worrying about it won't do either of you any favours.
    Well,the thing that really fucked me off about that night was that she told me the guy she was left with was a guy she used to hook up with and that he walked her home to her empty flat when she would usually go to her mums to stay.....
    She did swear on her sons life (after laughing when trying for ages) that nothing happened so for the moment shes innocent until proven guilty.
    Dark X wrote: »
    when She was out she lost her female friend and was left with "some guy called dave".....Who apparently a mate.

maybe you're being a little paranoid?
    try to trust her a bit more, women can have male mates, there's nothing wrong with that.
    i kinda understand, :chin: but you could lose her if you get too worried about who she's with all the time.

sorry if that sounded a little harsh :)x
    I know it can be hard to trust someone, especially after you said how you both were before. But that is in the past now. I'm like you though i get really paranoid and worked up about things. I generally go with my gut feelings on issues like this. I have started to listen to my inner voice more and it is rarely wrong. If you have a hunch about things, follow it. I guess i don't want you to get hurt, but on the otherside this could work.

I think you need to talk to her, communication is the key here. Tell her how you feel, and that when she behaves in a certain way, it makes you worry. Then at least everything is in the open, and if things don't change at least you know where you are, hope this helps :)