Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Confused about oneself

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay, so to start, I'm pretty young, probably still a bit immature then older people, but I'm smart, and I know a lot and this is the 20th century here, and I'm not ignorant. However, I am very confused on some issues and I'm not even sure how to go about dealing with them. See, before my current boyfriend, I dated this one guy and we dated for over a year and I was really attached, but un-known to me, I was super clingy, always bossy, and also very insecure/controlling. Basically girlfriend from hell. Either way he dumped me and it hurt but I did actually see the light on how bad I was. So I matured a bit and straighed up my act, and what not. Then I met my current boyfriend. Oh, he's so perfect, he does the little things and is very empathetic and is just a well match with me. We've been together for about... 7 months... and feelings are arising. He went away this weekend and I've noticed that I really missed him.. and was also jealous of the fact of certain things he did, like partied with the neighbors and you know, just... having fun. I don't know why I feel so shaking up or anything. I must be insecure, but.. I don't know... It's not that I think he won't be faithful... but... to me.. it almost feels like it's the tree house that he's up in with the sign that says "NO girls allowed kind of thing. " I don't even know... I don't know why I feel this way... yes I might me young, but he is a great boyfriend... there is no need to feel this way. Please do not mock me... I.. don't know...

I also have another thing. My father is bi-polar. I havn't been tested, but it is said to pass down from parent to child... is this where these feelings come from? Sometimes I'm so angry over stupid things.. or so sad.. or I don't know... HELP:banghead: :confused: :grump:

Comments

• Options
    if you're concerned about being bipolar, you should definately go and chat to your doctor. just because your dad has it doesn't mean that you do, but if it's something you think might be affecting you get it checked out.

have you chatted to your boyfriend about the way you're feeling? remember that just because you have been overly clingy and insecure before doesn't mean that you have to be 100 per cent secure in your current relationship - everyone gets jealous sometimes. it may be that there are some perfectly simple things he can do to make you feel better, like calling more often when he's away, or it may just be that you have some feelings that you do have to learn to live with. what exactly do you want out of the situation?

21st century, btw :p
  • Options
    it's the 21st century actually, but let's not be so persnickety.

Yea, by the sounds of it, you are a bit insecure, but don't be alarmed. Most people are in their younger years and first relationships. You feel like you are missing out and he is having the fun, but in "normal" healthy relationships couples to certain things apart and enjoy their time with themselves or with their friends and usually grant each others these times and even tell each other about them, how it was fun and cool and how they met a friend of a friend who plays the banjo and makes a mean banana cake.

There is nothing to worry.
  • Options
    Hahah.. my bad... but either way, 20th century 21st century, either way it's a new day in age. LOL, but yeah.. I think I'm just young I guess... and that I still need to mature a bit, and haha, banana cake. See, I've gotten a LOT better. I used to be soooo controlling, so for as of right now, I'm still trying to figure out all the lines of, not being so clingy to clingy to being cold to aflkajs;kj. lol I thought maybe being bi-polar might have something to do with these weird relationship problems, but once again, I'm probably just young. It seems that stuff that I get mad at is just stupid though, but I just can't help my feelings. And what I want out of the situation, I guess, is to learn why I get these weird feelings, because when I did before, it affected my relationship, and I don't want it to affect this one. Because he deserves a thumbs up :thumb: I know I"m young, but I want him to be my high school sweetheart haha:heart: But I'm also being realistic as well:yes: