Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dying over semi-perm black hair?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i dyed my hair a few months back semi permanent black, now i want a change. ive bought mahogany hairdye...will this cover the black? if i leave it on for a bit longer than i should? someone scared me by saying that when she did it, her roots were the only thing that went red! xxx

Comments

• Options
    someone scared me by saying that when she did it, her roots were the only thing that went red! xxx

That's probably what will happen.

Semi-permanent colour is a lot more permanent than it claims. To be honest I'd get some advice from a hairdresser, cause it may need stripping out if you want to go lighter.
  • Options
    Personally, I'd see a pro...black is a bitch to get out.

Can you not put up with it enough to just keep washing it lighter?
    Head and Shoulders fades colour great

However if you wanna risk it, and you have roots, i'd suggest dying them black first, otherwise your roots are bound to go another colour.

Also, if the mahogany is only a semi, dont bother trying

x
  • Options
    Definatly get advice from hairdresser .i woudnt try it
  • Options
    to be honest, nothing drastic will happen I shouldnt think, infact, you'd be lucky if it takes at all....
  • Options
    Littleali wrote: »
    Head and Shoulders fades colour great

That's what I was going to say :)

I've had my (long) hair stripped a couple of times - black and blue/black out - and it was totally fine afterwards, so don't be too scared of getting that done.