Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

quick question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know what will cause rapid weight loss? I use to be really big but in the process of like two months I lost all my weight. I went from a size 16 to a size 7 and then to a 2-3. Should I be worried? Im still losing weight just not as fast, but I been trying to gain some.

Comments

• Options
    If you're still eating the same, this isn't normal. Go to the doctor.
  • Options
    In 2 months? I'd see a doctor asap!
  • Options
    Definitely see a doctor, that's pretty scary weight loss if you're still eating.
  • Options
    Yeah go to dr asap there do blood tests i reckon its thyroid probelm i cant remember if its over active or the under active thyroid what will cause dramtic weight loss if it is that let us know
  • Options
    I lost quite alot (not sure how much) but i broke both my wrists and had casts up to my shoulders for 3 weeks then another 3 with normal size ones..When i went back to school EVERYONE even teachers said i lost weight (its coz i wasnt snacking on biscuits etc).
  • Options
    Definitely see a doctor.
  • Options
    Aj fan wrote: »
    Yeah go to dr asap there do blood tests i reckon its thyroid probelm i cant remember if its over active or the under active thyroid what will cause dramtic weight loss if it is that let us know

It's over active that causes weight loss. There are lots of things that can cause weight loss though not just thyroid problems.
  • Options
    Could be your Thyroid.
  • Options
    I was tested once for my thyroid before and it turned out fine. But I havent been able to go to the doctor.
  • Options
    I lost quite alot (not sure how much) but i broke both my wrists and had casts up to my shoulders for 3 weeks then another 3 with normal size ones..When i went back to school EVERYONE even teachers said i lost weight (its coz i wasnt snacking on biscuits etc).

Haha! Well, that was hardly unexplained weight loss then. :)
  • Options
    Does anyone know what will cause rapid weight loss? I use to be really big but in the process of like two months I lost all my weight. I went from a size 16 to a size 7 and then to a 2-3. Should I be worried? Im still losing weight just not as fast, but I been trying to gain some.

Unexplained and rapid weight loss could be an indication of a number of ailments, many of which are treatable if caught early enough. Go and see you doctor yesterday if not earlier! This is very, very important. Don't delay.
  • Options
    But the Thyriod can act up and then stop so it could be playing up. It could be over active.
  • Options
    But the Thyriod can act up and then stop so it could be playing up. It could be over active.

I don't think you can assume it will just be playing up when the weightloss is this rapid... if it carries on they could get seriously ill.
  • Options
    Is thyroid the word of the day or something? ;)

Darkgoddess, there are lots of reasons why a person would rapidly lose weight. Get to a doctor as soon as you can so they can start off with the basic tests. Everyone here can speculate but it's not going to give you a definitive answer, even if we sat here discussing all the possible causes.

Hope it all goes ok for you x
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    Haha! Well, that was hardly unexplained weight loss then. :)

Sorry i wasnt really thinking :O
    just telling everyone my story XD
  • Options
    Okay thanks everyone:thumb: